netmeeting and XP/remote assisstance

Post by Criss » Tue, 18 Feb 2003 02:16:35

I am trying to connect to my home computer from my work
computer.  My work computer is Windows 2000 and my home is
XP.  XP is not compatible with netmeeting but has the
remote assisstance.  Anyone know where I even begin?

Post by Sharon » Tue, 18 Feb 2003 02:57:11

> I am trying to connect to my home computer from my work
> computer.  My work computer is Windows 2000 and my home is
> XP.  XP is not compatible with netmeeting but has the
> remote assisstance.  Anyone know where I even begin?

Remote Assistance only works with XP. Remote Desktop is probably what you
want instead. If Help and Support does not have enough information to get
you started, there is a microsoft.public.windows.xp.work_remotely newsgroup
on this news server.

--
Sharon F
Microsoft MVP, Windows - Shell/User

1. Remote Assisstance

forward any requests on port TCP 3389, on the  external IP of the router  to
the XP  machine.

--
Robert Vegas
www.pctechnicians.ca

---

2. Is it XP? Or a virus?

3. Remote Assisstance Error Message

4. Most Annoying IE6 bug EVER

5. remote assisstance

6. Help! Netscape Printing Problems

7. Ports for Remote Assisstance & Desktop

8. Windows 95: burned fingers

9. Providing remote assisstance

10. netmeeting and XP Remote connection in XP

11. Netmeeting Remote Desktop Sharing works, Remote Desktop doesn't. . .

12. No remote assistance in messenger-no remote desktop sharing in netmeeting

13. Sharing during a Netmeeting session using XP remote desktop connection