CANNOT RECOVER FILES

Post by ERIC » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 06:16:26

I had turned off my system restore and then accidentally
deleted one of the user accounts that had a lot of
inportant files.  Is there any way I can recover them now?

CANNOT RECOVER FILES

Post by Nichola » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 07:09:46

Undelete 3.0 for Windows XP
http://www.executive.com/undelete/undelete.asp

--
Nicholas

| I had turned off my system restore and then accidentally
| deleted one of the user accounts that had a lot of
| inportant files.  Is there any way I can recover them now?

1. cannot boot, it tells me to recover; cannot run recover

Ok, I can get to where it enters Windows XP Setup now,
but dont know how to get to the recovery console?
It prompts me to press F6 for drivers ... which I dont need.
And then F2 for Automated System Recovery.
If I do that, it asks for a floppy I dont think I have?
If I dont do that, it starts loading some files,
and then fails immediately after with messages something like:
cant load setupdd.dll OR ntkrnldmp.dll, exiting setup.
And then it reboots.

Thanks again
casey

First make sure that your BIOS is set to boot from the CD-ROM. Then boot off
the CD and enter the recovery console. You can expand a fresh copy of the
pci.sys off the xp cd and put it in your %systemroot%\system32\drivers
directory.

use the syntax below:

expand x:\i386\pci.sys %systemroot%\system32\drivers

let X = your cdrom drive letter
let %systemroot% = your boot drive windows directory

2. Unable to update BIOS

3. USB Removable Disk Not Working Properly

4. Can I recover File System from "Recovered File Fragments"?

5. Serial Cards

6. cannot recover deleted files

7. can clicking on 'forward' open a virus in OE-6?

8. Cannot open .chk recovered file

9. How to recover "Recovered File Fragments"

10. Cannot delete File: cannot read from source file or disk

11. Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk

12. Erroe Message: Cannot delete file: Cannot read from source or file.