Two little problems !

Post by JCE » Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:03:48

Hi Everyone,

I just switched from W2k to WinXP Pro. No troubles at all, just two little
annoying behaviors :

1. I open Windows Explorer on my desktop and resize it to my likes. If I
close and re-open Windows Explorer, everything works and the size of my
Explorer Window is as I like it. BUT, if I start a few other programs and
then open Windows Explorer, the Window is resized to a smaller one and I hve
to resize it again.
I checked in the Folder Option "Remember each folders view", but it still
doesn't work correctly.

2. I know about the AUTOPLAY function if I insert a CD with music or
autorun.inf ! But if I insert a normal data CD, an additional Explorer
Window opens. How can I prevent this extra Window from opening ?

Do I miss something here ?

Any help would be appreciated !

Thank you.

TOM

Two little problems !

Post by Skip » Fri, 02 Aug 2002 19:33:57

Tom, I don't have a clue as to your problem... but
somehow your question got posted as a reply to another
post, as opposed to as the first question in a new
thread.  It'll never get read or answered where it is.
Try posting it again in its own thread.  -Skip

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Everyone,

>I just switched from W2k to WinXP Pro. No troubles at

all, just two little
Quote:>annoying behaviors :

>1. I open Windows Explorer on my desktop and resize it
to my likes. If I
>close and re-open Windows Explorer, everything works and
the size of my
>Explorer Window is as I like it. BUT, if I start a few
other programs and
>then open Windows Explorer, the Window is resized to a

smaller one and I hve
Quote:>to resize it again.
>I checked in the Folder Option "Remember each folders
view", but it still
>doesn't work correctly.

>2. I know about the AUTOPLAY function if I insert a CD
with music or
>autorun.inf ! But if I insert a normal data CD, an
additional Explorer
>Window opens. How can I prevent this extra Window from
opening ?

>Do I miss something here ?

>Any help would be appreciated !

>Thank you.

>TOM

>.

Two little problems !

Post by Skip » Fri, 02 Aug 2002 19:37:14

Nevermind, I was wrong. Sorry!  (It's too early...)

-Skip

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Everyone,

>I just switched from W2k to WinXP Pro. No troubles at

all, just two little
Quote:>annoying behaviors :

>1. I open Windows Explorer on my desktop and resize it
to my likes. If I
>close and re-open Windows Explorer, everything works and
the size of my
>Explorer Window is as I like it. BUT, if I start a few
other programs and
>then open Windows Explorer, the Window is resized to a

smaller one and I hve
Quote:>to resize it again.
>I checked in the Folder Option "Remember each folders
view", but it still
>doesn't work correctly.

>2. I know about the AUTOPLAY function if I insert a CD
with music or
>autorun.inf ! But if I insert a normal data CD, an
additional Explorer
>Window opens. How can I prevent this extra Window from
opening ?

>Do I miss something here ?

>Any help would be appreciated !

>Thank you.

>TOM

>.

1. Two little problems

[...]

2. "installation is preparing your system" runs on every boot

3. Two Little XP Pro Problems !

4. spam prevention

5. default start bar icons - help

6. Serial port debugging in the CEPC 3.0

7. Two questions of little importance

8. help with two little things in XP

9. Little-Bitty Dialogue Window on Windows Updates Site Too Little-Bitty

10. Little red x in the little white box

11. Why so many Netscape Problems -- So little MSIE problems?