Is there a way to remove a program that does not appear in add/remove?

Is there a way to remove a program that does not appear in add/remove?

Post by marc » Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:23:09

I am trying to un-install a program that will not appear
in the add/remove, and when I click on the un-install
that came with the program it launches the install
program.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc.

Is there a way to remove a program that does not appear in add/remove?

Post by Discipl » Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:51:38

Quote:> I am trying to un-install a program that will not appear
> in the add/remove, and when I click on the un-install
> that came with the program it launches the install
> program.

A program called Smart Uninstaller was spotlighted on TechTv's Call for Help
a few days ago. This is the link to the show notes about it, and it contails
a link for download. I have not used it yet so I can't comment on how useful
or effective it will be.

--
Mike
"... For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are

Is there a way to remove a program that does not appear in add/remove?

Post by dgloc » Fri, 18 Apr 2003 21:06:22

follow the install program a little farther, most of the
time you will be presented with a uninstall option.
don

Quote:>a few days ago. This is the link to the show notes about
it, and it contails
>a link for download. I have not used it yet so I can't

comment on how useful
Quote:>or effective it will be.

>--
>Mike
>"... For the things which are seen are temporary, but

the things which are
Quote:>not seen are eternal." 2 Cor. 4:18

>.

Is there a way to remove a program that does not appear in add/remove?

Sometimes installing it first then uninstalling works.