::: how to connect to another computer ??? :::

::: how to connect to another computer ??? :::

Post by Helde » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:02:35

I have two laptops.. one with Win95 and other with WinXP

I can acess one computer through the other?
Can i just connect them with a USB cable?

Do i need any specific software?

Thanks in advance,

Helder

::: how to connect to another computer ??? :::

Post by Roger von Corswan » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:06:30

Hi Helder. You will have to buy a cable and software to do so.
/Roger

Quote:> I have two laptops.. one with Win95 and other with WinXP

> I can acess one computer through the other?
> Can i just connect them with a USB cable?

> Do i need any specific software?

> Thanks in advance,

> Helder

::: how to connect to another computer ??? :::

Post by Roger von Corswan » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:08:46

Hi that's me again. You will have some problem to make win95 work with USB,
better to upgrade to win98 instead.
/Roger

> Hi Helder. You will have to buy a cable and software to do so.
> /Roger

> > I have two laptops.. one with Win95 and other with WinXP

> > I can acess one computer through the other?
> > Can i just connect them with a USB cable?

> > Do i need any specific software?

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Helder

::: how to connect to another computer ??? :::

Post by Helde » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:18:46

ok, i have a usb cable.. but what is the software i need???

Upgrading to Win98 it's ok

thanks

> Hi that's me again. You will have some problem to make win95 work with
USB,
> better to upgrade to win98 instead.
> /Roger

> > Hi Helder. You will have to buy a cable and software to do so.
> > /Roger

> > > I have two laptops.. one with Win95 and other with WinXP

> > > I can acess one computer through the other?
> > > Can i just connect them with a USB cable?

> > > Do i need any specific software?

> > > Thanks in advance,

> > > Helder

::: how to connect to another computer ??? :::

Post by Roger von Corswan » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:34:10

You cant use a ordinary USB cable. Its a specially designed cable for
that.
/Roger

> ok, i have a usb cable.. but what is the software i need???

> Upgrading to Win98 it's ok

> thanks

> > Hi that's me again. You will have some problem to make win95 work with
> USB,
> > better to upgrade to win98 instead.
> > /Roger

> > > Hi Helder. You will have to buy a cable and software to do so.
> > > /Roger

::: how to connect to another computer ??? :::

Post by Roger von Corswan » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:37:18

If you but the right cable, the software that you need comes with it.
/Roger

> Hi Helder. You will have to buy a cable and software to do so.
> /Roger

> > I have two laptops.. one with Win95 and other with WinXP

> > I can acess one computer through the other?
> > Can i just connect them with a USB cable?

> > Do i need any specific software?

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Helder

::: how to connect to another computer ??? :::

Post by Helde » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:04:41

:-( i guess i have to buy that cable than...

Thanks Roger

> If you but the right cable, the software that you need comes with it.
> /Roger

> > Hi Helder. You will have to buy a cable and software to do so.
> > /Roger

> > > I have two laptops.. one with Win95 and other with WinXP

> > > I can acess one computer through the other?
> > > Can i just connect them with a USB cable?

> > > Do i need any specific software?

> > > Thanks in advance,

> > > Helder

1. Connecting computer-to-computer

I have a friend with XP Pro.  I need to connect from my
machine with XP Pro to debug and problem solve on her
computer.  Her ISP is AOL, mine is Earthlink.  Can we
connect thru the Internet? (AOL is not very tech-friendly
in my experience).

If that will not work, can we connect by direct dial
connection from my computer to hers?

In either case, can you direct me to a good step-by-step
set of intstructions?  XP Help?  MS KB?  Third-party website?

Your advice is appreciated.
Chuck

2. pictures

3. Cant print from win95-based computer to brother HL-1440 connected to XP computer

4. how do I down load 2000 with windows 98?

5. connecting a Win95 computer to a Win 3.1 computer

6. GRAPHIC DESIGN PRO FOR BIG CHALLENGE

7. connecting TV to computer

8. Activate the Same Computer Forever?

9. IE 5 with OSX will not connect to University computer

10. Connecting a 2nd computer through WXP

11. Restrict Users From Connecting From XP Computer But Still Allow Connections To It

12. cannot connect my xp computers

13. Connecting to another computer via dial-up !!!!