Entry Point Not found msvcrt.dll

Post by Chand » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:32:52

Hello all,

I have run into the same problem with XP(Pro) that quite a few people
on these newsgroups seem to have encountered - screen went black with
pointer visible, on restart, get these two messages:

LSASS.EXE and SERVICES.EXE - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point_resettkoflw could not be
located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll

after which screen goes black with mouse pointer available.

Almost all solutions given in the newsgrps say 'copy/expand a new
msvcrt.dll file from the XP CD'. I've tried it - no luck. When I
reboot, the msvcrt.dll file seems to disappear from the System32
directory (checking using System Recovery Console).

I've also tried to repair the installation using the Setup/Install
option instead of System Recovery Console.

Thanks for any replies in advance,
- Chander