DVD-RW seen as DVD-ROM only

Post by James Vawte » Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:39:02

I have a toshiba DVD-RW/CD-RW combo drive, windows XP will
only detect it as a DVD-ROM. The drive is correctly
labeled with the model number and will burn CD-R's and
RW's but when i insert a DVD-RW or DVD-R it tells me that
the disk is the wrong format. Toshiba says there is no
firmware updates and claims it is a driver problem.
Windows claims that there is an update for this problem.
Why the hell is it not on the windows update page, and how
do i correct this problem?

DVD-RW seen as DVD-ROM only

Post by <anonym.. » Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:40:45

 This maybe a dumb question but is the dvd burner a +/-
drive or is it a dual format drive......  Reason for
asking is that if you have a dvd +r writer and u put in a
dvd -r disc 9 out of ten times u will get the message
invalid format.
   Alternitively what software are you using to write dvds
with
   with nero 5 u can not write a audio cd to a dvd disk
will not let you gives an invalid format disk error

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have a toshiba DVD-RW/CD-RW combo drive, windows XP
will
>only detect it as a DVD-ROM. The drive is correctly
>labeled with the model number and will burn CD-R's and
>RW's but when i insert a DVD-RW or DVD-R it tells me that
>the disk is the wrong format. Toshiba says there is no
>firmware updates and claims it is a driver problem.
>Windows claims that there is an update for this problem.
>Why the hell is it not on the windows update page, and
how
>do i correct this problem?
>.

1. DVD-RW won't read DVD-R or DVD-RW when I insert either

My DVD-RW drive will not read either DVD-R or DVD-RW when I insert them. A
message comes up that says "Please insert disk into Drive D:." Of course, I
have already inserted a disk.

That same drive will read CDs and play computer games. It just won't read
the recordable ones. Please help!!

Thanks,
DavidP

2. Schedule+ Limits

3. DVD-ROM stopped working on Vaio CD-RW/DVD ROM Drive

4. TCP/IP Internet and Intranet with NT.

5. dvd-rom and dvd-rw won't auto run

6. Visioneer 8700 USB Scanner

7. DVD-RW & DVD-ROM Drive aren't detected!!!

8. yahoo message

9. adding DVD-rw to DVD-rom laptop

10. DVD-ROM &DVD-RW Drivers Missing.

11. Dvd-rom Cant Read Blank Dvd-rw Disks

12. Windows no longer sees my DVD-ROM or CD/RW

13. DVD-RW being seen, but as CD-ROM