XP Reactivation?

Post by Greg » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 09:42:10

I have an OEM version of Windows XP Profession installed
and this problem has occurred serveral times on my
computer.  The last time I got the message that I had
exceeded my activation count and was forced to call the
Microsoft Customer Service group to activate my Windows
XP.  You asked Doug if he had either Powertoys or XPStyle
installed..   Well I have XPStyle installed.  I'm going
to remove it to see if this corrects this issue.  It may
be a while before I can determine if it corrects it or
not, since this occurs ramdomly.

Greg

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hiya 'doUg'.

>Had this happen to me a total of seven times ... with XP
HE clean installed
>on a new system.  I don't have any 'quick fix'

or 'workaround' to help you
Quote:>out, other than to say that my problem has of late

[touches wood] sorted
>itself out.

>I would ask tho', do you have either Powertoys or or
XPStyle installed?

>Cheers!
>T.

>> When I rebooted my machine tonight, I was greeted with
>> the message that XP needed to be activated.  This was
the
>> third time this has happened since I upgraded from ME.
>> This time, however, it would not allow me to enter the
CD
>> key.  It said it had been entered a max number of
times.
>> Although MSFT phone support gave me an override key,
they
>> asked if I had mabe changed the hard drive.  I haven't.
>> Other than OS updates, I've not installed anything new.
>> What gives???

>.

1. Office XP Reactivation w/ Windows XP

Greetings:

I was wondering if I would have to reactivate Office XP
when I upgraded to Windows XP. When I moved my system from
Windows ME to Windows 2000 in preparation for a move to
Windows XP Pro, I had to. That is a pain, and I have
already had to reactivate several times... If I will have
to reactivate, I am considering not even going through the
trouble of upgrading :-(.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

2. sub spooler

3. New Hard drives and xp reactivation

4. TCP video stream 'skipping'

5. XP Reactivation?

6. Cant remove fonts from XP

7. Remove "Remember Password" checkbox while authenticating to a Ppoxy

8. Windows XP Reactivation

9. XP reactivation SP1 changes

10. Harddik Upgrade Windows XP reactivation

11. XP reactivation

12. UK MVPs - XP reactivation phone number?