Active Directory Users and Computers

Post by Stuart Elliot » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 18:16:42

I've just upgraded my W2K machine to WXP, and was wondering if it was
possible to now run Active Directory Users and Computers to administer my
W2K Servers users etc without having to use Terminal Services (aka Remote
Desktop) to login at the server.  I used the ADMIN.MSI that came with
W2KServer but it doesn't want to play, and I can't find anywhere on
microsoft.com that will tell me.

Cheers,
Stuart Elliott
IT Tech Support
The Stamford Group Limited

Active Directory Users and Computers

Post by Ron Mendoz » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:23:21

As noted in the Windows XP Readme file, currently the only supported
method to perform remote administration is to use Remote Desktop
Connection (aka Terminal Services).

The Windows .NET Administration Tools will allow you to administer
Windows .NET or Windows 2000 Active Directory, but are not yet
available.

More info was in the Microosft Knowledge Base article Q302916, but
that article appears to have been taken offline.

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:16:42 -0000, "Stuart Elliott"

>I've just upgraded my W2K machine to WXP, and was wondering if it was
>possible to now run Active Directory Users and Computers to administer my
>W2K Servers users etc without having to use Terminal Services (aka Remote
>Desktop) to login at the server.  I used the ADMIN.MSI that came with
>W2KServer but it doesn't want to play, and I can't find anywhere on
>microsoft.com that will tell me.

>Cheers,
>Stuart Elliott
>IT Tech Support