Ghost Walker problem

Post by Paul Benne » Wed, 22 May 2002 05:14:14

I have a group of Athlon AMD 1.2 GB PC's that I recently
upgraded from Win ME to Win XP Professional.  I cloned a
PC using Norton Ghost and restored the image to the rest
of the PC's.  After the restores are complete, I attempt
to use Norton Ghost Walker to change the Computer Name and
I get an error message stating "No bootable 9x or NT
installation on this machine".  Has anyone else had this
problem?

Ghost Walker problem

Post by Me » Wed, 22 May 2002 07:57:15

What version of Norton Ghost are you using?

Quote:> I have a group of Athlon AMD 1.2 GB PC's that I recently
> upgraded from Win ME to Win XP Professional.  I cloned a
> PC using Norton Ghost and restored the image to the rest
> of the PC's.  After the restores are complete, I attempt
> to use Norton Ghost Walker to change the Computer Name and
> I get an error message stating "No bootable 9x or NT
> installation on this machine".  Has anyone else had this
> problem?

Ghost Walker problem

Post by Marc L » Sat, 25 May 2002 10:58:59

The 7.5 entreprise version of Norton ghost is ok but you
dont need use ghost walker with Xp Pro and if you change
the SID, the RemoteAssistance will stop to work.

sorry for my english...

Quote:>-----Original Message-----