Quote:> I am storing my jpeg photo files in a directory that is
> not in "my documents". For some reason the file names of
> about 25% of my photo files are now prefexed with "copy
> of, old file name". Since the file names have been changed
> the photo viewer that I am using can no longer find these
> files. Any idea as to what caused these to become copies.
> I download my photos directly into a directory named
> C:\photo which has about 20 sub-directories.
> thanks for any help, pete
1. Copying Files with "/" in file name...
We have all of our digital photography saved on a CD Rom. The photographs
were Mac files, but they were saved on "hybrid" CD (readable by a PC).
Some of these files have names like "889-1P/21" -- this name is fine on the
Mac, but seems to give my Win95 PC fits. It thinks that the "/" character
is designating a folder of some sort.
ALL I want to do is copy the file from my CD Rom drive to my PC hard drive,
but Windows won't let me! I keep getting the error message:
"Cannot copy 889-1P/21: Cannot find the specified file. Make sure you
specify the correct path & filename".
Is there anything I can do to fix this, short of purchasing a Mac, or
creating a new master cd?
Please let me know if you have any ideas...
It would be GREATLY appreciated!
2. changing admin password in mixed win2k networks
3. "Shared Documents" folder name changed to "Documents", how to change back?
4. Windows Media Player Error Message
5. Getting notified when SIP-Status has changed?
6. Error "The file name, directory name, or volume lable syntax is incorrect."
8. Right click "save picture as" default names file "untitled.bmp"
9. Can't have files named "aux.???", "com.???" !?!?!?
10. "cannot copy '(file)': the specified network name is no longer available".
11. DOS copy long file names by using ""s.
12. Must NT console's "copy" overwrite existing file w/ same name?