CD "free space" and "used space"

Post by gusmeiste » Thu, 02 May 2002 08:17:08

I have a Windows XP Home Edition machine with a Samsung CD-RW/DVD combo
drive.  When I write files to a CD, the "free space" and used space" fields
in the CD Drive Properties are completely inaccurate.

The "free space" and "used space" fields always add up correctly to the
"capacity" but the "capacity" seems to vary depending on the last file I
wrote.  Sometimes it's 80MB and sometimes it's 400MB.

Has anyone experienced this?

CD "free space" and "used space"

Post by The Ronning Famil » Thu, 02 May 2002 09:21:35

What burning program are you using?

This was a huge issue for me until I did the regedit on MS's support site.
I now have Nero running with XP's built in burning features and InCd.  Even
with InCD my CD shows the correct space used.

Quote:> I have a Windows XP Home Edition machine with a Samsung CD-RW/DVD combo