No sound from VAIO computer

Post by Jim » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:02:04

I am using a new SONY VAIO with windows XP. I have lost
all sound. I have tried the obvious solutions: checked
speakers, volume control,etc. Still no sound. ANy ideas?

1. very slow performance on Sony VAIO N505VE (and other VAIOs)

My WinXP has very slow performance on my VAIO (N505VE Celeron 333 / 128RAM).
I compared this to my other computers of similar speeds (p2-266 / 128 RAM +
nvidia TNT 16M). I used to be able to play my DVD rips on it at full frame
rate, and indeed my other computer mentioned above does so (just). But now,
it's running at like 3-5frames per second!!

I can observe the fact that the windows are drawn quite slowly - appears to
be a video problem. However, I tried using my Windows 2000 drivers on it,
and the performance is still sluggish. I suspect something in the background
is killing it, but I'm running very similarly to my other computer (in terms
of service enabled etc).

Does anyone have any ideas or simliar eXPeriences?

2. NeWS on AUX question

3. Sound Card on PCG-838 VAIO Notebook

4. 2nd CFP: Theory Track of IEEE VL 99

5. Installing Office 2000 on XP in a VAIO Computer

6. Epson Perfection 1640SU Scanner

7. Security Hole Found In Some Sony Vaio Computers

8. Windows Xp Nwlink not working on Ipx/spx network

9. Sony Vaio laptops and sound cards!

10. Could it be to do with OE version nos?

11. XP and printing on Netware NOS

12. error nos on pci simple communications contoller

13. Build Nos