Entry Point Not Found, Missing .dll

Post by Sylvester Jone » Sun, 17 Mar 2002 05:28:42

I receive this following error message during startup, has anyone else
exprienced a similar message.  if so, have you corrected it and how.  Any
help would be appreciated.

"CPQInet.exe - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point

library Hwswal.dll."

Entry Point Not Found, Missing .dll

Post by Doug Knox MS-MV » Sun, 17 Mar 2002 11:00:03

References to this program Compaq Digital dashboard show up on a search for the EXE file name.  Either the DLL referenced has been removed, or has been replaced with an older/incompatible version.

You may want to check here and see if you can download and reinstall the software for your model.

http://www.compaq.com/support/files/

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/9x
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

> I receive this following error message during startup, has anyone else
> exprienced a similar message.  if so, have you corrected it and how.  Any
> help would be appreciated.

> "CPQInet.exe - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point

> library Hwswal.dll."

1. " lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c

I have just recently used Windows Update to Update to SERVICE PACK 2.
After the 40 minutes it took to downloand and update I was asked to
restart my computer.

When I resarted my computer I received the following error message.  I
cannot boot into windows at all and when I click on "OK" to the error
box I just get a blank screen with my pointer with no desktop icons,
taskbar, or start button.

Here is the error I receive.

" lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c
could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll "

This only happened after I updated to Service Pack 2.  I have done the
suggest fix on the Microsoft site that says to boot into the XP disk
and use the "r" utility to replace the file "Mscvrt.dll" and that did
not work either.

My computer doesn't work so I am checking this for a different one.
Thanks,

TOM

2. GTA 3 graphics problem

3. Entry Point not found.......WDENGINE.dll???

4. Date/Time keep changing, XP Home..

5. Shell32.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found

6. Microsoft update either five or six?for ME

7. Entry Point Not found msvcrt.dll

8. Real clock

9. DLL problems under emulator - 'entry point not found'

10. Entry point msvcrt.ra.d not found in msvcrt40.dll

11. Error: Entry Point not Found -- MPR.DLL

12. Entry Point Not Found -- MPR.DLL

13. Windows Media Player 7.1 wmplayer.exe - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetLayeredWindowAttribites could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.DLL.