++Random Lock ups++ on Start-up

Post by Mike Luches » Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:55:37

Hello ,
    I am having a strange problem with my PC Start-Up , here is what is
happening .
I Just installed Xp Pro. "Fresh" and everything went fine , installed a few
programs , rebooted a few times , installed a couple more programs ,
rebooted a couple more times, and everything was fine . THEN I went to
the WINDOWS UPDATE web site and it seemed like everytime I installed
a New Driver or even an Updated Windows Program and rebooted my system ,
 it would lock-up during Start-up .I would have to manually restart my
system
several times in Safe Mode before it would go back to normal ???
I wouldn't even have to change or remove any settings .
Now i'm not sure if it is the WINDOWS UPDATE web site or installing the new
update or maybe it is just coinsidence but i am at a loss for Ideas and am
getting
frustrated.
    Any help or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated .

Thanks , Mike
PIII 1 gig
512 ram

++Random Lock ups++ on Start-up

Post by Fran » Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:15:43

I'm having much the same problem with XP Home....It worked fine for months,
in fact.  This last week it started to hang on startup...often just after
chkdsk completes...after several cold reboots, it finally catches and
completes the entry into the desktop.  This might have been caused by a
recent upgrade, but who knows...?????

Quote:> Hello ,
>     I am having a strange problem with my PC Start-Up , here is what is
> happening .
> I Just installed Xp Pro. "Fresh" and everything went fine , installed a
few
> programs , rebooted a few times , installed a couple more programs ,
> rebooted a couple more times, and everything was fine . THEN I went to
> the WINDOWS UPDATE web site and it seemed like everytime I installed
> a New Driver or even an Updated Windows Program and rebooted my system ,
>  it would lock-up during Start-up .I would have to manually restart my
> system
> several times in Safe Mode before it would go back to normal ???
> I wouldn't even have to change or remove any settings .
> Now i'm not sure if it is the WINDOWS UPDATE web site or installing the
new
> update or maybe it is just coinsidence but i am at a loss for Ideas and am
> getting
> frustrated.
>     Any help or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated .

> Thanks , Mike
> PIII 1 gig
> 512 ram

1. Random Hang ups (not lock ups)

I've asked about this before, but nothing seems to work.
Windows XP seems to just ignore any keyboard or mouse
inputs for say 15 to 30 seconds at a time just randomly
through normal operating.  The weird thing is I've had
many people ask me about this problem, we have about 10
machines running XP at work, and all three of my machines
at home run XP, they do the same thing.  I've tried
disabeling restore points, this doesn't help.  anye other
ideas?  does anyone else expierence this problem?

2. Windows XP Checked/Debug Edition

3. ++Random Lock-ups++ on Start-up

4. raw access to DAT drive

5. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

6. Cannot find the other computer

7. CD icon

8. Random, Complete Lock Ups

9. Random Lock Ups with Windows XP