critical updates fail

Post by Jacki » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 23:17:06

when I down load the critical updates it tries to install
but it is making the floppy drive light up and spin but
then it gives me the message that the install failed. any
ideas?

critical updates fail

Post by Kell » Thu, 17 Apr 2003 07:33:54

Hi Jackie,

Troubleshooting Windows Update Issues:

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Quote:> when I down load the critical updates it tries to install
> but it is making the floppy drive light up and spin but
> then it gives me the message that the install failed. any
> ideas?

1. XP Critical Updates Failing

I'm trying to update my computer running Win XP SP1 with critical updates
Q817287, 814033, and 331953 --- and nothing is working.  One I've followed
all the advice I could find (including finding and renaming catroot2, which
I couldn't do because I don't even have that file, just a folder with that
name), and nothing is working.  I continue to get No Updates Were Installed.

Advice?

-ron

2. WFW tcp/ip help!

3. XP Critical Updates failing

4. Limited Account can't start IE under Win XP

5. Latest critical update failed to install

6. Changing Font of CPropertySheet

7. Windows XP Critical Update fails to install

8. the page cannot be displayed

9. XP Critical Updates failing

10. Critical Update Fails to Load

11. Critical Update Fails to Install