display gets 'behind' while keyboarding

Post by Eric Nelso » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:48:12

Hi,

we are using a DOS based manufacturing ap, and on the new Dell with XPhome,
on
a Novell network, there are certain times, while entering a new order number
for example, the display line doesn't show what is typed.  Then, a moment
later(up to a couple seconds, sometimes), the charecters will appear.  This
annoys the data entry person - throws her off stride.
Suggestions requested,
eric

display gets 'behind' while keyboarding

Post by -: Old Bastard : » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:56:26

Upgrade the app to a Windows based application. Downgrade the data entry
person to an older computer that runs DOS!

> Hi,

> we are using a DOS based manufacturing ap, and on the new Dell with
XPhome,
> on
> a Novell network, there are certain times, while entering a new order
number
> for example, the display line doesn't show what is typed.  Then, a moment
> later(up to a couple seconds, sometimes), the charecters will appear.
This
> annoys the data entry person - throws her off stride.
> Suggestions requested,
> eric

display gets 'behind' while keyboarding

Post by Eric Nelso » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 03:34:47

the 'windows based ap' doesn't exist, except in buggy alpha.  I have been
'downgrading to DOS', that is Win98, on one or two new Dells that came with
XP, maybe that is what I'll have to do on this one also. . . was hoping I
might get a non-bumptious bastard reply  :-/

===== Original Message from "Crusty  \(-: Old Bastard :-\)"