WinXP PC won't boot: Error Stop: c0000221 Bad Image Checksum...

WinXP PC won't boot: Error Stop: c0000221 Bad Image Checksum...

Post by Kim » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 05:04:29

Hello, After removing software for my Creative Labs sound
card and then removing the sound card from the PC I can
NO longer boot up WinXP. Each time I reboot I get this
same error: Stop: c0000221 [Bad Image Checksum] The image
olesvr32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum
does not match the computed checksum. I can boot from the
WinXP Professional CD-Rom, but don't know what to do when
presented to setup WinXP or to repair WinXP because the
repair appears to be for installation. Can anyone help me
and help me fast? Of course the PC that is down is my
MAIN PC with all my current data on it. Thanks Kim

WinXP PC won't boot: Error Stop: c0000221 Bad Image Checksum...

Post by Gene Hor » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 12:03:23

This from  "Windows XP Inside Out" (p. 866):
"Stop OxC0000221 or STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH. File or disk corruption
problems (including a damaged page file) and faulty hardware are the most
common causes of this type of Stop error. The Stop message usually includes
the name of the damaged file at the end....  you might be able to restore
the file from the Windows XP CD using Recovery Console. Restoring the Last
Known Good Configuration might also help to resolve this problem."

Hope this is helpful.

Quote:> Hello, After removing software for my Creative Labs sound
> card and then removing the sound card from the PC I can
> NO longer boot up WinXP. Each time I reboot I get this
> same error: Stop: c0000221 [Bad Image Checksum] The image
> olesvr32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum
> does not match the computed checksum. I can boot from the
> WinXP Professional CD-Rom, but don't know what to do when
> presented to setup WinXP or to repair WinXP because the
> repair appears to be for installation. Can anyone help me
> and help me fast? Of course the PC that is down is my
> MAIN PC with all my current data on it. Thanks Kim

WinXP PC won't boot: Error Stop: c0000221 Bad Image Checksum...

Post by Bob » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 02:07:25

You might change your bio setting from stop on "all errors" to stop on
"no errors" and see if that works.

Quote:>Hello, After removing software for my Creative Labs sound
>card and then removing the sound card from the PC I can
>NO longer boot up WinXP. Each time I reboot I get this
>same error: Stop: c0000221 [Bad Image Checksum] The image
>olesvr32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum
>does not match the computed checksum. I can boot from the
>WinXP Professional CD-Rom, but don't know what to do when
>presented to setup WinXP or to repair WinXP because the
>repair appears to be for installation. Can anyone help me
>and help me fast? Of course the PC that is down is my
>MAIN PC with all my current data on it. Thanks Kim

1. Stop Error: C0000221 Bad Image Checksum

Greetings everyone,
This is a new one for me, I hope someone has already delt with it (with
success!).
Dell computer, with XP Home.
Windows will not boot up.  Upon startup, the computer goes to the XP splash
screen then the blue window with the following:

STOP: C0000221 (Bad Image Checksum)
The image wininet.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksumdoes not match
the computed checksum.

The computer will not boot into safe mode either.  I tried all options.
Suggestions before I try formatting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

2. USB DRIVER

3. STOP: C0000221 {Bad Image Checksum} ?

4. IE6 buttons too big

5. NT4 STOP: c0000221 {Bad Image Checksum}

6. Windiff

7. XP Problem - STOP: c000021 {bad image checksum}

8. w e b d e s i g n

9. "Bad Image Checksum" error - msvcrt.dll

10. Netscape won't launch due to netscp.exe- bad image error

11. bad image checksum

12. Bad image checksum

13. Bad Image Checksum, any ideas?