numlock

Post by bob » Sun, 13 Oct 2002 11:01:41

Each time I log off or shutdown XP my numlock turns off.
How can I set it to automatically stay on. This just
started happening after reinstall.

numlock

Post by Mad Duc » Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:09:02

Navigate to HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard.
Change the value for InitialKeyboardIndicators from 0 to 2

Quote:> Each time I log off or shutdown XP my numlock turns off.

Post by Ann » Sun, 13 Oct 2002 21:24:16

>Each time I log off or shutdown XP my numlock turns off.
>How can I set it to automatically stay on. This just
>started happening after reinstall.

There should be a settng in BIOS for this.  Something about starting
with num lock enabled.

Ann

numlock

Post by Don Burnett » Sun, 13 Oct 2002 23:49:04

>> Each time I log off or shutdown XP my numlock turns off.
>> How can I set it to automatically stay on. This just
>> started happening after reinstall.

> There should be a settng in BIOS for this.  Something about starting
> with num lock enabled.

> Ann

Also, in addition to the bios setting if numlock continues to stay off at
startup:

Click Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY CURRENT USER\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators

0 = numberlock off
2 = numberlock on

If you want the numlock on at the welcome screen you also need to change:

HKEY USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators
same number values as above.

Don Burnette

numlock

Post by Bruce Chamber » Mon, 14 Oct 2002 01:13:46

Greetings --

How to Enable the NUM LOCK Key for the Logon Screen
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q154529

HTH&GL,

Bruce Chambers
Microsoft MVP, Windows - Shell/User
__
You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.  Don't ever count on having
both at once. -- RAH

Quote:> Each time I log off or shutdown XP my numlock turns off.
> How can I set it to automatically stay on. This just
> started happening after reinstall.

1. Switching NUMLOCK on/off

Hi,

I need to change the state of the Numlock key.
How do I do that using the Win32 API?
Is there any way to emulate keystrokes by sending
messages somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

--Mathias Ricken

2. screen savers

3. Turning on/off NUMLock light

4. error message

5. Numlock

6. imaging?

7. question regarding user account in winXP

8. NumLock Problem

9. Power Toys and numlock

10. NumLock on new account setup doesnt work

11. Numlock on for login screen repost

12. Numlock toggle