How do I change from AGP 2X to AGP 4X

Post by Bob Woo » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 01:35:24

John,

When I upgraded to a 4X card I had to set the speed in the BIOS. Are you
sure the card is 4X?

Bob

How do I change from AGP 2X to AGP 4X

Post by Brett Mitchel » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 06:49:37

Hi John,

Sounds to me like you need to visit the web site of the manufacturer of your
graphics card, then look out for a download "control panel" for your
graphics card. This should give you enhanced gfx features when you do right
mouse on desktop, properties, settings, advanced options. If you already
have advanced features there, you will notice under OpenGL or 3D settings,
the option to control your AGP speed

Hope this helps
BB

Quote:> My configuration:
> Motherboard ASUS CUSL2 (bios version 1014.001)
> Video-card Palit 4200TI

> I'am not sure how to change from AGP 2X to AGP 4X - can
> anybody help me ?

> I have a new bios that is supporting AGP 4X (the setting
> is of course AGP 4X), but when I check port setting from
> Win-XP via the driver-setting it shows that my video-card
> only running AGP 2X??
> The motherboard is running with a Intel 815E chipset, and
> I'am not sure if this is a chipset or video-driver
> problem ?

> Regards John

      <><><><><><><>   The Worlds Uncensored News Source   <><><><><><><><>

How do I change from AGP 2X to AGP 4X

Post by John Mülle » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 07:13:05

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your answer!

The cover of the Palit TI4200 card says that the card is
supporting AGP 4X/2X and AGP Texturing Support.
My motherboard bios is configured to AGP 4X, but still the
card is running only 2X. Maybe the problem can be fixed in
the Regedit ?

/Jonh

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>John,

>When I upgraded to a 4X card I had to set the speed in
the BIOS. Are you
>sure the card is 4X?

>Bob

>.

How do I change from AGP 2X to AGP 4X

Post by Wayne Youngma » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 13:15:15

Quote:> "John Mller"wrote
> > My configuration:
> > I'am not sure how to change from AGP 2X to AGP 4X - can
> > anybody help me ?
> > I have a new bios that is supporting AGP 4X (the setting
> > is of course AGP 4X), but when I check port setting from
> > Win-XP via the driver-setting it shows that my video-card
> > only running AGP 2X??

Hi,

Maybe you are running in AGP 4x but the software u are using isn't telling
you?.  Do u have 'WCPUID'  u can download it from  http://www.h-oda.com/
(latest version is WCPUID 3.10).  Use that and press the 'Chipset Info'
button.  That will confirm what AGP speed u are running.  Also don't worry
so much about AGP speed as that is only used in rare circumstances when your
graphics card needs a little extra memory, which most of the time it won't,

Good luck,

Wayne ][

How do I change from AGP 2X to AGP 4X

Post by John Mülle » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 19:18:44

Hi Wayne

Thanks for your answer I will try to download WCPUID!

/John

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>> "John Mller"wrote
>> > My configuration:
>> > I'am not sure how to change from AGP 2X to AGP 4X -
can
>> > anybody help me ?
>> > I have a new bios that is supporting AGP 4X (the
setting
>> > is of course AGP 4X), but when I check port setting
from
>> > Win-XP via the driver-setting it shows that my video-
card
>> > only running AGP 2X??

>Hi,

>Maybe you are running in AGP 4x but the software u are
using isn't telling
>you?.  Do u have 'WCPUID'  u can download it from

http://www.h-oda.com/
Quote:>(latest version is WCPUID 3.10).  Use that and press
the 'Chipset Info'
>button.  That will confirm what AGP speed u are running.
Also don't worry
>so much about AGP speed as that is only used in rare

circumstances when your

Quote:>graphics card needs a little extra memory, which most of
the time it won't,

>Good luck,

>Wayne ][

>.

1. AGP 2x/4x versus AGP 1x/2x

I am considering buying a new ATI All-In-Wonder video card.  It is AGP 2x/4x.
Will i be able to use this on my computer which is AGP 1x/2x by setting the AGP bus speed to 2/x?

Needing this info as soon as possible, as i am going out this morning to purchase the card...

--
Donald McDaniel
*** Please post all replies to the Newsgroup ***

---

2. Media Server on NT4 Server

3. AGP 1x/2x versus AGP 2x/4x

4. splitter within splitter

5. AGP 4X - Motherboard MSI 694D Pro Dual Processor has AGP 2X?

6. can't delete file; how can I find out who's using it?

7. AGP 4x to AGP 8x

8. modem sharing

9. Can't enable 4X AGP w/4X board & graphics card

10. How to change to 2X AGP

11. how do I change AGP to 4X?

12. AGP vs AGP pro???

13. AGP and AGP pro difference?