Thumbs.db icons

Post by Ewan » Wed, 21 May 2003 04:35:59

Every time a new file is created in my documents a
thumbs.db (data base) icon appears in that file. I have
tried deleting them from each individual file but they
come back again when the computer is restarted. Is there
a way of removing the existing ones and preventing any
more from appearing? I would appreciate any help with
this one.

Thanks

Ewan

Thumbs.db icons

Post by Doug » Wed, 21 May 2003 05:47:10

I believe it is related to Windows Explorer, Tools,
Folder Options, View, "Do Not Cache Thumbnails".  Make
sure the box is checked.

Doug

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Every time a new file is created in my documents a
>thumbs.db (data base) icon appears in that file. I have
>tried deleting them from each individual file but they
>come back again when the computer is restarted. Is there
>a way of removing the existing ones and preventing any
>more from appearing? I would appreciate any help with
>this one.

>Thanks

>Ewan
>.

1. Stop Windows from prompt asking if I want to copy thumb.db file to CD?...

The subject says it...I am a photographer and I am always copying folders of
image files to CD. But Windows always stops me and asks if I want to copy
the thumbnail file as well..is there any way to toggle a setting somewhere
in XP to make this prompt stop coming up?

It says something like "thumbs.db has extra information in it that could be
lost if you continue to copy..."

Any help would be great..thanks!

Frank
http://www.franklinmcmahon.com/

2. Runtime error with java apps

3. Opening thumbs.db

4. How can I change the folder locations in "Save Web Page" dialog box?

5. desktop.ini&thumbs.db

6. Multimedia syllabus?

7. Drag and Drop to CD Thumbs.db notice keeps coming up...

8. Windowsmedia.com home page appears unexpectedly

9. What is thumbs.db?

10. thumbs.db frustration

11. Thumbs.db

12. thumbs.db