D3D and AGP

Post by Crai » Mon, 01 Jul 2002 23:34:45

I seem to have a problem which is windows xp for some
reason thinks my agp graphics card is a pci card which
means my games keep crashing. I also have trouble running
d3d games like dflw. I'm using a 3d prophet 2 titanium 64
mb ddr and window xp pro and 380 mbs ram with a 800 mhz
athlon on a via board. All drivers are up to date. Is
there some setting hidden away somewhere which can solve
the agp problem ? Any help would be great.
Craig

D3D and AGP

Post by Crai » Mon, 01 Jul 2002 23:34:50

I seem to have a problem which is windows xp for some
reason thinks my agp graphics card is a pci card which
means my games keep crashing. I also have trouble running
d3d games like dflw. I'm using a 3d prophet 2 titanium 64
mb ddr and window xp pro and 380 mbs ram with a 800 mhz
athlon on a via board. All drivers are up to date. Is
there some setting hidden away somewhere which can solve
the agp problem ? Any help would be great.
Craig

D3D and AGP

Post by Chris H » Tue, 02 Jul 2002 00:47:37

Sounds like you need the 4-in-1 VIA update.  Check on the motherboard
manufacturer's web site.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP

Quote:> I seem to have a problem which is windows xp for some
> reason thinks my agp graphics card is a pci card which
> means my games keep crashing. I also have trouble running
> d3d games like dflw. I'm using a 3d prophet 2 titanium 64
> mb ddr and window xp pro and 380 mbs ram with a 800 mhz
> athlon on a via board. All drivers are up to date. Is
> there some setting hidden away somewhere which can solve
> the agp problem ? Any help would be great.
> Craig

D3D and AGP

Post by Dan » Tue, 02 Jul 2002 19:18:04

Are you sure you have the latest VIA AGP driver? I had
the same problem with a Leadtech GF3 Ti200. Seems there
was a newer AGP driver available on the VIA site than the
one that was prepackaged with the 4 in 1 set.

Fixed my problem