List details versus icons

Post by ray » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:59:10

Hi

I have some folders on my desktop that contain shortcuts to various
application. For example I have a folder called utilities. I like to have
icons shown in these folders when they open, but despite selecting  icons in
the view menu they are always back to lists when I open them again on the
next boot. I also like to resize their windows but this is not remembered
either.

Tried to set this up with the Folder options but can't get the settings to
stay no how.

Anyone know how to do this

Ray

List details versus icons

Post by Bill Goul » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 05:25:11

Are you selecting "remember each folder's settings" from
the Folder Settings?

Bill Gould
MCSE 2000
-=All opinions UNofficial=-

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi

>I have some folders on my desktop that contain shortcuts
to various
>application. For example I have a folder called

utilities. I like to have
Quote:>icons shown in these folders when they open, but despite
selecting  icons in
>the view menu they are always back to lists when I open
them again on the
>next boot. I also like to resize their windows but this
is not remembered
>either.

>Tried to set this up with the Folder options but can't
get the settings to
>stay no how.

>Anyone know how to do this

>Ray

>.

1. Slow list view and details view - Explorer creating thumbnails in list view

I use my machine primarily for image editing of very large
files. Even in list and details view, Explorer is reading
each file and caching its thumbnail. (I can switch between
views and see this happen.) That not only causes
responsiveness problems, but also gives me a file in use
error if I try to do anything with groups of files before
all the thumbnails are crated.

I'd be happy if I could turn off all thumbnail activity. I
have other software for image management.

2. A have Abit BE6 mathboard - looking drivers for XP !

3. details - details - details

4. Alt text for images

5. Access Control Lists (Netware) with inherit versus File/Directory Permission (NTFS) without inherit

6. CD WONT PLAY UNLESS ONLINE! HELP!

7. #MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 PC for multimedia

8. Deletion of files by users

9. What are Xerox up to (was MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 PC for multimedia)

10. MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 PC for multimedia

11. Norton versus AVG versus Zone Alarm

12. How to display icons in Icon View of List View in eVB ?