Pls pls pls help

Post by Harry Ohr » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 01:33:37

Your BIOS may have it's virus checker enabled. Access the BIOS and look for a Virus Detection entry like "Chip Away" or simply "Virus Detection" if it is enabled, disable it, save the settings and reboot. Then try the install again.

The above aside the majority of problems that I've encountered when installing XP have to do with flaky RAM. Many people purchased additional RAM when it was very cheap and while it worked well with Windows 98, XP is a lot more resource demanding. If you have more than 1 stick of RAM in your system try removing a stick and installing XP again. If you encounter errors then swap the RAM for another stick.

--

Harry Ohrn - MS MVP (Windows XP)
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/

> I recently purchased Win Xp Pro, when it came to the
> installation process (after the preperation), i get a blue
> screed reading the following "A problem has been detected
> and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your
> system." it then asks me to check for viruses, to make
> sure the hard disk is confiqured, and that there is no
> corruption to the hard disk, but nothing is wrong, help!!!
> the error message ***STOP:0X0000007B
> (0XFBC5E63C,0C0000034,0X00000000)

Pls pls pls help

Post by Charlie Klatzki » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 02:18:31

One additional thing to check.  Check the bios settings of the HD.  Make
sure they are for your drive.

Your BIOS may have it's virus checker enabled. Access the BIOS and look
for a Virus Detection entry like "Chip Away" or simply "Virus Detection"
if it is enabled, disable it, save the settings and reboot. Then try the
install again.

The above aside the majority of problems that I've encountered when
installing XP have to do with flaky RAM. Many people purchased
additional RAM when it was very cheap and while it worked well with
Windows 98, XP is a lot more resource demanding. If you have more than 1
stick of RAM in your system try removing a stick and installing XP
again. If you encounter errors then swap the RAM for another stick.

--

Harry Ohrn - MS MVP (Windows XP)
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/
www.webtree.ca/newlife/

Quote:> I recently purchased Win Xp Pro, when it came to the
> installation process (after the preperation), i get a blue
> screed reading the following "A problem has been detected
> and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your
> system." it then asks me to check for viruses, to make
> sure the hard disk is confiqured, and that there is no
> corruption to the hard disk, but nothing is wrong, help!!!
> the error message ***STOP:0X0000007B
> (0XFBC5E63C,0C0000034,0X00000000)

1. PLS HELP, PLS HELP, I DON'T WANT TO BE FIRED

I have developed an asp file under Frontpage 98, and my web server is
using IIS3.0.
When I upload this asp page to the server, it works very fine.   And,
I modify this asp file and upload again.  When I browse it, it still
comes out the old version - the page before modified.  I really don't
know why??  I have already done the following :

1.  I reflesh and reload the page in the browser, it still came out
the old page
2.  I use one machine that has never called this page before, and
browse it, still the old page
3.  I check the content of this asp page in the www server using
Notepad, the content is absolutely new.
4.  This is the  strangest thing. As I am very hungry, I delete the
whole web file in the www server, and also in IIS Manager, I delete
all the virtual directory and home directory pointed to this web page.
And also restart the server.
When I called this page again from any browser, Oh God, the same page
comes up again.  I press reflesh, it still exists.  WHY!!! WHY !!!
WHY!!!  Why ist still exist?????

Could you pls tell me what have I done wrong? I don't want to be fired
by my boss.

Chris

2. Printer Sharing and XP

3. test.pl produces DOWNLOADABLE output as... test.pl

4. cannot create system restore point

5. Pls Help! Pls Help! ASP Page cannot reflesh Pls Help!

6. IE 3.0 won't cut and paste on W95

7. I need help with hidden files! Pls Help!

8. Trouble installing Norton Internet Security

9. Help - MSN MEssenger video (repost, pls help!)

10. help pls!!

11. doesnt play avi, pls help

12. game source code required, URGENT, Pls Help~~~~~!!!!!

13. PLS Help---Unable to Play Copied Music