Windows xp issue...or not.......

Post by Tayha » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:39:31

Just recently we added windows xp to our home computer.
Since we have done this we constantly have to restart the
computer to get online and we should always be
connected... can anyone relate? Can anyone help?

Windows xp issue...or not.......

Post by Al » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:51:28

If you have a cable connection, check your internet connection under
Internet Explorer, go to tools , options,
Connections, and adjust it there.
Al

Quote:> Just recently we added windows xp to our home computer.
> Since we have done this we constantly have to restart the
> computer to get online and we should always be
> connected... can anyone relate? Can anyone help?

Windows xp issue...or not.......

Post by Ed Pau » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 07:32:09

I just went through this same problem 2 days ago. I
tracked the problem down to my firewall. Seems it was not
checked to receive "dchp" from my ISP. I have a cable modem

Go to your event monitor and scan to the "error log" and
see what it says. I'm no expert. I only know enough to be
dangerous, but i think that would be a place to start

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Just recently we added windows xp to our home computer.
>Since we have done this we constantly have to restart the
>computer to get online and we should always be
>connected... can anyone relate? Can anyone help?
>.

1. New Windows XP Embedded Update: Terminal Services CALs Are Not Issued for Windows XP Embedded

Microsoft has released the component update "Terminal Services CALs Are Not
Issued for Windows XP Embedded". Visit MSDN at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample...
l=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/961/msdncompositedoc.xml to download this update.

For a complete list of updates released for Windows XP Embedded visit
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/Embedded/xp/downloads/updates/defaul....

Christine, MS
Windows Embedded Appliance & Platform Group

2. Internet Explorer for Windows XP help please?

3. XP not fully booting up - not sure of the issue

4. Paging file recommendations

5. Status of VPN disconnect issue (not 60 second/ICS patch issue) ??

6. Lost Drive Letter To Two Hard Drives!

7. Windows XP and Windows 95 Networking Issues

8. POP_UPS

9. Windows XP Professional SP1 -- Scanner Issue -- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

10. Windows 2000 and Windows XP LDAP issues

11. Toolbar Issues, Hidden Files Issues, Desktop Issues

12. Windows Media Player 7 Beta issue (TroubleShooting video issue)

13. USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller is not installed on installing Windows XP Pro + Windows XP SP1