Tooltip display problems

Post by denni » Sun, 02 Feb 2003 10:22:28

I am running Windows XP sp1 and I have noticed that the
tooltips that popup are wrong or incomplete. What I am
calling a 'tooltip' is the 'popup' that appears after the
mouse lingers over a button. For example, in the task bar,
when a program can't display the complete name of a
document, it displays "Word-my documen..." When you place
the mouse pointer over that 'button' for a while,
a 'tooltip' comes up with the complete description -"Word-
my document. The problem is that part of the window that
pops up is black or is referring to another program that
is running. This also happens in the system tray icons.

I believe that it is associated with driver conficts, but
I am not sure.

Has anyone had this and found a solution.

1. DEBUG:Tooltips= YES REL:Tooltips?NO!

VC++ 4.2b, MFC, Something odd has happened: When I compile
a Windows 95 EXE under _DEBUG configuration tooltips
are present on the toolbar. When I compile under
_RELEASE configuration they no longer work. Any ideas
anyone?

Please reply publicly *and* by email if possible

Thanks!

Buy the book! "AutoCAD Programming in C/C++"  ISBN 0471963364
INFO:     http://www.buildingweb.com/progacad
ORDER:    https://www.wiley.com/compbooks/catalog/96336-4.htm

2. error# 80004005 medialibrary

3. ToolTips - Wrong Displays

4. System tray?

5. Wrong tooltips displayed... help.

6. I cant boot window XP

7. any way to speed up tooltip display???

8. Can only play short segment of long mpeg video

9. Tooltips 'displaying behind taskbar' bug still in SP1

10. Speeding up the Tooltip display time

11. MFC: How to display tooltips for Toolbar?

12. Tooltips not displayed

13. Displaying tooltips