Is Windows XP Professional upgrade appropriate?

Is Windows XP Professional upgrade appropriate?

Post by Alvin Scull » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 01:11:37

My manager at the company I work for asked me a question
that I couldn't answer. I hope you can help me out.
We have a total of 4 PC's in the office. 2 of them are on
a Windows 98 Platform and the other 2 are on a Windows NT
4.0 Platform. We want to have a uniform non-network
platform (for the moment).
Should we buy a Windows Professional XP upgrade? Is that
appropriate? Also, do we need to buy a separate upgrade
for each PC?

Is Windows XP Professional upgrade appropriate?

Post by Mark Huffma » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 01:27:24

Yes, you'll need a separate upgrade for each PC.  The choice of OS to
conform to will depend primarily on what applications your company uses.

Quote:> My manager at the company I work for asked me a question
> that I couldn't answer. I hope you can help me out.
> We have a total of 4 PC's in the office. 2 of them are on
> a Windows 98 Platform and the other 2 are on a Windows NT
> 4.0 Platform. We want to have a uniform non-network
> platform (for the moment).
> Should we buy a Windows Professional XP upgrade? Is that
> appropriate? Also, do we need to buy a separate upgrade
> for each PC?

Is Windows XP Professional upgrade appropriate?

Post by Care » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 01:34:22

Windows XP Professional Volume Licensing Discounts for Organizations
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/pricingvolume.asp

--
Carey Frisch (USA)

Is Windows XP Professional upgrade appropriate?

Post by Sam » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 01:59:45

Quote:>Should we buy a Windows Professional XP upgrade? Is that
>appropriate? Also, do we need to buy a separate upgrade
>for each PC?

No sure why are you upgrading to XP. 98 system can be
recommneded for XP upgrade but not NT. NT is more or less
quite stable as XP is ( You will only miss the jazzy
look..) But its you decision

You can see if they are upgradble or not online from the
link below
http://www.pcpitstop.com/xpready/xptests.asp

Is Windows XP Professional upgrade appropriate?

Post by pcoo » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:58:04

There's a big difference in hardware and software support between nt 4.0 and
XP.