AGP vs AGP pro???

Post by Charle » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 14:16:07

What is the difference between an AGP and AGP video card?  Anybody know a
short answer or can direct me to a place to get information.  I am looking
at a new board, and it has an AGP pro slot.

TIA

Charles

AGP vs AGP pro???

Post by Gary Keramida » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 14:29:52

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/00q3/000922/

http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/tech-planations/920_2.html

http://developer.intel.com/technology/agp/3_0toverview.htm

--

Gary Keramidas
Associate Expert

Quote:> What is the difference between an AGP and AGP video card?  Anybody know a
> short answer or can direct me to a place to get information.  I am looking
> at a new board, and it has an AGP pro slot.

> TIA

> Charles

AGP vs AGP pro???

Post by Charle » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 15:31:18

Can you give me an example of an AGP Pro video card???  Who makes them?

Charles

AGP vs AGP pro???

Post by don lebo » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 16:54:33

Quote:Charles writes:
>What is the difference between an AGP and AGP video card?  Anybody know a
>short answer or can direct me to a place to get information.  I am looking
>at a new board, and it has an AGP pro slot.

AGP Pro is an advanced spec that basically allows the card to use more power,
and thus handle a heavier data load. The cards are, indeed, pro-level, with 4
digit prices -- the kind of thing you'll find in a professional graphic
workstation.

There aren't really any consumer level cards, which is why AGP Pro slots on
mainboards are designed to take both types of card. A Pro card has some extra
connectors on it.

Quick blurb at Tom's Hardware:

http://www4.tomshardware.com/graphic/00q3/000922/

--
   don (MVP)
   http://www.shaka.com/~mdon

   Please follow up to the group ... thanks!