SP1 Roxio 5.3.1 Problem

Post by Ditt » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:59:45

Re-install

Quote:> Ever since I installed XP SP1, Roxio 5.3.1 buttons are
> gone!  The "ADD" arrow, the big red bulb for "RECORD" and
> others are missing.  When I start to add files by
> manually dragging them into the Add Files area, the
> buttons seem to start loading, but not all the way and
> can't click on them.  I tried Data CD, Music CD...it's
> across the board.   Is anyone else having this problem??

1. SP1 Alert - Roxio Direct CD 5.1 fails writing large files

Found this in an MS list of known issues with XP-SP1.
Guess I won't be installing SP1 for a while...

Roxio Direct CD 5.1 fails writing large files

Steps to reproduce this error:
On a computer with Windows XP 2600 , install Roxio 5.02 then
upgrade it to 5.1. Verify the application works by
formatting a CD-R using Direct CD and verify functionality
with files of various sizes.
Upgrade Windows using SP1. (This issue is exposed in SP
builds 1089 and above.) Format a CD-R using Direct CD and
verify functionality with files of various sizes. Note that
small files and large directories of small files write fine.
When writing large (100 MB+ estimated) files to a Direct CD
formatted disc the process hangs indefinitely.

Resolution: Currently there is no fix or workaround for this
problem. Customers will need to contact Roxio to determine
if/when a fix will be available.

More information: Roxio is aware of this problem but no new
information is available. Debugging information was made
available to to Roxio on 8/20 shows the problem to be in
Roxios driver file CDUDF_XP.SYS.

2. Linking Issues wit XP/IE6

3. sp1, roxio, scsi, plextor yuk

4. Shut off Picture Viewer?

5. SP1 and Roxio GoBack ..

6. Win95 Small Icons - how to define them

7. roxio cd copier no longer works after installing SP1 update

8. FS: Macromedia Director for Win 4.04

9. Anyone using Roxio after SP1?

10. Critical Problem with IE 6.0 SP1 (6.0.2800.1106 ; SP1)

11. IE6 SP1 XP Pro SP1 blank popup problem?

12. Windows XP Pro and SP1 problem, wont install SP1

13. Settings problem in XP Pro SP1 & IE6 SP1