Fatal Error right after Preparing Installation - Manifest Parse Error

Fatal Error right after Preparing Installation - Manifest Parse Error

Post by Magnus Salomonsso » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:43:48

I get the same error. It says in full:

"Setup error:
Manifest Parse Error: invalid at the top level of the
document

Error:
SZS.DLL: Syntax error in manifest or policy file "G:\i386
\asms\6000\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\CONTROLS:MAN" on
line 0.

Error:
Installation failed: G:\i386\asms. Error message: Manifest
Parse Error: Invalid at the top level of the document

Fatal Error:
One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup
could not be installed."

I have no idea what this means. It stops just when Windows
is copying files to the computer.
My computer is a ASUS A7V/AMD Athlon 1000 with an Adaptec
SCSI Adapter 29160N.
Anybody knows anything about this?

See if it gets past
>that point.
>Nick.

>> I have tried to install Windows XP Pro on my Sony VAIO
PCG-
>> XG29 laptop but with no success.  No matter how I do it,
>> whether as an upgrade or clean install, I always get the
>> same result.  FATAL ERROR!  This happens right after
>> Preparing Installation and right before Installing
>> Windows.  The message says:

>> "An error has been encountered that prevents Setup from
>> continuing."
>> "One of the components that Windows needs to continue
>> setup could not be initiated."
>> "Manifest Parse Error.  Invalid at the top level of the
>> document."

>> The log file says, "SXS.DLL: Syntax error in manifest or
>> policy file 'D:\I386\asms\6000
>> \MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\Controls.man' on line O"

>> DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GET AROUND THIS?  DOES ANYBODY
>> KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS?

>.

Fatal Error right after Preparing Installation - Manifest Parse Error

Post by Care » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:22:02

Manifest Parse Error = Write Errors or Bad CD Burn

--
Carey Frisch (USA)

1. Fatal Error right after Preparing Installation

I have tried to install Windows XP Pro on my Sony VAIO PCG-
XG29 laptop but with no success.  No matter how I do it,
whether as an upgrade or clean install, I always get the
same result.  FATAL ERROR!  This happens right after
Preparing Installation and right before Installing
Windows.  The message says:

"An error has been encountered that prevents Setup from
continuing."
"One of the components that Windows needs to continue
setup could not be initiated."
"Manifest Parse Error.  Invalid at the top level of the
document."

The log file says, "SXS.DLL: Syntax error in manifest or
policy file 'D:\I386\asms\6000
\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\Controls.man' on line O"

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GET AROUND THIS?  DOES ANYBODY
KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS?

2. Problems getting into MSN Explorer (re. msn chat)

3. Manifest Parse Error...during installation

4. Can you load XP from WIN98 partition?? Dual Boot.

5. "Manifest parse error" in XP installation???

6. dial up connection

7. manifest parse error?

8. XP/Explorer Problems

9. Manifest Parse Error