I can't see my cd-rom or cd-writer

Post by Eduar » Fri, 19 Sep 2003 05:03:12

Hi I just bought a new computer with epox ep-4pead
motherbord.I have 2 hdd instaled on ide1 both from
westerndigital wd600bb and wd200eb on ide2 memorex 24maxx
cd-writer.This morning I have added a new hdd (on ide2)
manufactured by Seagate (st-xxx); after remove (segate
hdd) I can't see my cd-writer.I have tried with a noname
cd-rom (same prblm.) then with both cd-rom and cd-writer
on ide2 and same problem.I have tried to change ide1 with
ide2 and I see my hdd on ide2 but still no cd-rom or cd-
writer.I have flashed bios but...same prblm.I have
instaled latest Intel Accelerator and drivers.
I run WinXp Pro.

I can't see my cd-rom or cd-writer

Post by Alvin A Brow » Fri, 19 Sep 2003 05:18:19

Hello

But eevrything back the way it was when it was working, and
then go from that point ok, make sure that you have everything
jumpered correctly. Am pretty sure before you added the additional
drive all was fine so try to get it back to that point first, maybe you
bumped a cable along the way

Alvin

> Hi I just bought a new computer with epox ep-4pead
> motherbord.I have 2 hdd instaled on ide1 both from
> westerndigital wd600bb and wd200eb on ide2 memorex 24maxx
> cd-writer.This morning I have added a new hdd (on ide2)
> manufactured by Seagate (st-xxx); after remove (segate
> hdd) I can't see my cd-writer.I have tried with a noname
> cd-rom (same prblm.) then with both cd-rom and cd-writer
> on ide2 and same problem.I have tried to change ide1 with
> ide2 and I see my hdd on ide2 but still no cd-rom or cd-
> writer.I have flashed bios but...same prblm.I have
> instaled latest Intel Accelerator and drivers.
> I run WinXp Pro.

1. CD-Writer HP CD-Writer Plus 7100 external shreds CD's !

CD-Writer HP CD-Writer Plus 7100 external shreds CD's !

On my office PC's under Windows 95 and also under NT4.0
a process is running periodical in intervals of approx. 1 hr
which refreshes the desktop and the explorer. During this
process my own sorting of Desktop-Layout will be destroyed
and resorted by the Microsoft default "sorted by name".

At the same time i notice several seconds of harddisc and
CD-rom access (if a CD is loaded).

Because I constantly have trouble under Win95 and NT4.0 when
making backups of my data to an external CD-Writer via parallel
port (HP CD-Writer Plus 7100 shreds my CD's), I guess that
this periodical background process is responsible for an
interrupted data stream to the CD-Writer and will shred my CD's.

Does somebody know what's going on there and how to stop this ?

regards
Roland Heymann

2. Video Conferencing Using PLATFORM SDK->VIDEO FOR WINDOWS AND NETWORKING SOCKET SECTION

3. Playing Video CD - CD-Rom Player vs CD-Writer

4. fruity loops format?

5. CD-ROM and CD-Writer unable to read any CDs in the drive!!

6. Changing buffer and file sizes

7. Can't use CD Rom's after uninstallind Easy CD Writer 4

8. SILVERBACK * STUDIOS This actually works!

9. CD-Rom / CD-RW / DVD-Rom not reading data on CD's

10. cd rom&cd writer will no read cds

11. CD-ROM/CD-WRITER

12. CD-WRITER vs. CD-ROM

13. CD-ROM drive will not read CD-ROM's anymore