VPN Question

Post by NG Accoun » Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:50:21

I'm really out of my league here.  We have a W2K server at work with a
speedstreem 5817 router, currently noone is in our tech support position
(looking), we need to allow connection to our server from a PC located at
employees home running XP Pro.

W2K server is domain server - servername.domainname

XP Pro is behind a spedstreem wireless router.

Help please I'm desperate.

Thanks in advance for your time

melvin e

VPN Question

Post by NG Accoun » Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:50:20

I'm really out of my league here.  We have a W2K server at work with a
speedstreem 5817 router, currently noone is in our tech support position
(looking), we need to allow connection to our server from a PC located at
employees home running XP Pro.

W2K server is domain server - servername.domainname

XP Pro is behind a spedstreem wireless router.

Help please I'm desperate.

Thanks in advance for your time

melvin e

VPN Question

Post by Tony Thompso » Tue, 17 Dec 2002 05:28:54

Hi I am an Network engineer, and what you are trying to do is some what
involved, you need to set up a VPN on the server router to the router on the
PC, now telnet in to the router or you may be able to type the IP address of
the router into you web browser, If you get in to the router try typing "?"
to get up the help on the router. You may need some help to set this up but
to do it over the news group will take you a long time. I have had a look on
the net but all I found was Hubs, is it a router or just a ADSL moden, if
you have the books on this look up the web site and e-mail to me, Are you in
the UK? I am in the UK Stevenage Herts.
Please feel free to e-mail me I will help as much as I can.

Quote:> I'm really out of my league here.  We have a W2K server at work with a
> speedstreem 5817 router, currently noone is in our tech support position
> (looking), we need to allow connection to our server from a PC located at
> employees home running XP Pro.

> W2K server is domain server - servername.domainname

> XP Pro is behind a spedstreem wireless router.

> Help please I'm desperate.

> Thanks in advance for your time

> melvin e

1. vpn question to Jeffrey Randow

I posted a message a few weeks ago about unchecking the
use default gateway on remote network to solve some vpn
issues of not being able to access resources on the vpn
server.  You responded that I should check with the
network admin before doing this. I am just curious as to
what that option actually does and why it is a security
problem to uncheck it.  I am only connecting two of my
home computers that are at different locations on
different home networks so i'm not really concerned about
the security but am just curious as to what the difference
is between having it checked and unchecked because I am a
student working towards a degree to become a network admin.

2. Windows 2000 REgistry Error - HELP!?!?!

3. windows XP VPN question.

4. IBM Thinkpad TransNote Compatibility ????

5. Quick VPN question

6. PPPoE setup.

7. VPN question

8. Windows XP Undelete