Excel worksheet question concerning cell validation and other questions

Excel worksheet question concerning cell validation and other questions

Post by Paul » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 00:31:39

The question I have is this:

On a validation cell with a drop down box which will have
a list of different products to choose from, how can I
enter into the cell the beginning letters of the first
word in the list and automatically drop down to that
section of the validation list?

Also, how do I set a workbook to open a specfic worksheet
everytime you open the workbook, no matter what worksheet
you were on when you closed the program?

Thank you in advance for helping me with these
questions.

Paul

Excel worksheet question concerning cell validation and other questions

Post by Dubl » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 00:54:36

Quote:> The question I have is this:

> On a validation cell with a drop down box which will have
> a list of different products to choose from, how can I
> enter into the cell the beginning letters of the first
> word in the list and automatically drop down to that
> section of the validation list?

> Also, how do I set a workbook to open a specfic worksheet
> everytime you open the workbook, no matter what worksheet
> you were on when you closed the program?

> Thank you in advance for helping me with these
> questions.

> Paul

Try an Excel newsgroup. You will get a better response.

microsoft.public.excel

Post by Neal » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 04:41:46

Quote:> The question I have is this:

> On a validation cell with a drop down box which will have
> a list of different products to choose from, how can I
> enter into the cell the beginning letters of the first
> word in the list and automatically drop down to that
> section of the validation list?

> Also, how do I set a workbook to open a specfic worksheet
> everytime you open the workbook, no matter what worksheet
> you were on when you closed the program?

> Thank you in advance for helping me with these
> questions.

> Paul

Enter the beginning letters of the word in the list and then hold down the ALT
key and press the down arrow key. Words on the list with those starting letters
will be shown.  Release the ALT key and then you will be able to scroll throught
the list if other entries start with the same letters or numbers.  You will have
to run a auto_activate type of macro to get to the worksheet you want when you
open Excel.

Neal

1. How to send Excel worksheet in Outlook Express

How do I send an Excel sheet in the main body (not as an attachment) in
Outlook Express?
On the Excel page when I click File / Send to / Mail recipient (for review)
/ the dialogue box says choose Profile, but there is no option to choose
Outlook Express except Microsoft Outlook. How do I change the Profile name
from Microsoft Outlook to Outlook Express?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

2. CAN I ANSWER CALLS WHILE ON THE INTERNET?

3. Sending an Excel Worksheet in OE

4. Privacy issue

5. Excel worksheet specs

6. RAS with MFC

7. Worksheet Protection Options in Excel

8. CDI software for nt3.51pack4

9. corrupt excel worksheet

10. How can I insert data to a Pocket Excel worksheet?

11. Printing Excel Worksheet from IE 4.0