start - blue screen message - restart - blue screen message - merry go round

start - blue screen message - restart - blue screen message - merry go round

Post by ajwgt » Thu, 15 May 2003 01:45:55

I've just started having problems with my xp home on a pentium 4

it's the merry go round scenario of turn it on - get the 'safe mode' or
start up normally options etc

then the blue screen telling me I have problems -
technical information

"0X0000008E (OXC0000005,0X80572377,OXF097BB68,0X00000000)

what does that all mean ??

then another time I got a different set of numbers and the legend saying
'DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL'

I only had that message once

I did install 'Daytimer 2000' - which is a diary type program' a couple of
days prior - which seemed all OK at the time
and also set up access to this program from my other PC via my network

I did get a couple of crashes moving files acoss the network - so I'm kinda
thinking maybe this is the root of the problems

but what do I do now ??
any help gratefully accepted

aaron

start - blue screen message - restart - blue screen message - merry go round

Post by Justin Chandle » Thu, 15 May 2003 01:48:24

sorry, you have stumbled upon one of windows xp's famous "FEATURES".. the
automatic scheduling of times when you need to run a complere reinstall of
the operating system. then again... while you're formatting, you could drop
a copy of linux on it

www.redhat.com

Quote:> I've just started having problems with my xp home on a pentium 4

> it's the merry go round scenario of turn it on - get the 'safe mode' or
> start up normally options etc

> then the blue screen telling me I have problems -
> technical information

> "0X0000008E (OXC0000005,0X80572377,OXF097BB68,0X00000000)

> what does that all mean ??

> then another time I got a different set of numbers and the legend saying
> 'DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL'

> I only had that message once

> I did install 'Daytimer 2000' - which is a diary type program' a couple of
> days prior - which seemed all OK at the time
> and also set up access to this program from my other PC via my network

> I did get a couple of crashes moving files acoss the network - so I'm
kinda
> thinking maybe this is the root of the problems

> but what do I do now ??
> any help gratefully accepted

> aaron

start - blue screen message - restart - blue screen message - merry go round

Post by Jimm » Thu, 15 May 2003 03:16:21

Your problem is very common and is probably related to bad or poor quality
incompatible system ram.  read here for more info.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315335.  Jimmy