Sound stops working when resuming from standby

Sound stops working when resuming from standby

Post by Chuck Marshal » Wed, 24 Dec 2003 18:33:33

I am running WinXP Home. Almost everytime the computer
resumes from standby, the sound does not work. Everything
seems to be fine, but nothing comes out of the speakers.

1. 1394 Net Adapter Device Stopped after resume from Standby (WinXP)

Hi,

Consistently the 1394 Net Adapter Device status is
"stopped by Windows because of problems with this Device
Code 43)" after resuming from standby. Does not happen
resuming from hibernation. Must restart to recover.

Only mention of a similar problem in the MS Knowledge base
relates to bridged 1394 adapters, and I have no bridges.

Driver is nic1394.sys, V. 5.1.2600.0, xpclient 010817-1148.

I have no interest in using the 1394 ports on this system for
TCP/IP connectivity. I may use them for connecting mass
storage, cameras, etc. Is this driver only concerned with TCP/IP?
Can I uninstall it and forget it?

Or is there a way to reinstall the driver or  restart
it from the console or services screen?

System is Dell 530 Workstation with PERC RAID.

Thanks

R. Edmonds

2. Q: Writing an application's Installe

3. No Sound Resuming from Standby

4. networking 2 pc's w/ serial cable?

5. No sound on resume from standby

6. IE6 Broke

7. How to resume from standby mode or completely disable standby?

8. stop error 0x0000006f

9. Standby function not working (freezes on resume)

10. Standby and hibernate won't work after resuming

11. mouse does not work on resuming from hibernate or standby

12. HELP - USB cable modem won't work after resume from standby

13. Resume from Remote stopped working