Hibernate

Post by Rohit Peyyet » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 14:57:27

Hello:

I shutdown my computer using "hibernate"
mode of XP and when I start my machine
back.. my mouse pointer gets stuck but I am able
to access my desktop normally without using
mouse.

Can can one tell me why this happens?

...Rohit

TransLogic Systems
5th Floor, Amogh Plaza, Greenlands,
Hyderabad, AP - 500 016, INDIA
Ph: 91.40.3401795, Fax: 91.40.3407943
www.translogicsys.com

Hibernate

Post by David Cand » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 14:59:34

Unable to Use Power Management Features

  a.. Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
  b.. Microsoft Windows XP Professional

SYMPTOMS
When you try to use power management features such as Standby or Hibernate, your computer may not enter the power management state that you choose, and you may experience one or more of the following symptoms:

  a.. Your mouse may stop responding.

  b.. You may be unable to open or use the Power Options tool in Control Panel.

  c.. You may receive the following error message:

    The device driver for the device name is preventing the machine from entering Standby or Hibernation. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update the driver.

CAUSE
This issue can occur if you are using one or more device drivers that do not implement power management functionality correctly because they are not Plug and Play or power management enabled.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, contact the manufacturer of the driver to inquire about the availability of a driver that correctly implements power management functionality.

To work around this issue, use any of the following methods:

Uninstall the Driver
You can uninstall the driver that is associated with the device that is specified in the error message. For information about how to do so, view the documentation that is included with the appropriate device.
Quit Any Programs that Interfere with Power Management Functionality
If you can determine which programs interfere with power management functionality, you can quit these programs before you try to use power management features. Note that some third-party programs that are associated with imaging devices (such as scanners and cameras) may be more likely to interfere with power management functionality.
Mouse Is Not Responding
If your mouse is not responding but your keyboard is still functional, restart your computer, and then use either of the preceding methods:
  1.. Press CTRL+ESC, and then press U.

  2.. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW keys one or more times to select Restart , and then press ENTER.

David Candy
www.mvps.org/serenitymacros
http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000002364

> Hello:

> I shutdown my computer using "hibernate"
> mode of XP and when I start my machine
> back.. my mouse pointer gets stuck but I am able
> to access my desktop normally without using
> mouse.

> Can can one tell me why this happens?

> ...Rohit

> TransLogic Systems
> 5th Floor, Amogh Plaza, Greenlands,
> Hyderabad, AP - 500 016, INDIA
> Ph: 91.40.3401795, Fax: 91.40.3407943
> www.translogicsys.com

1. Adjusting hibernate, auto hibernate time

Greetings,

Currently I am using hibernate feature on my win xp pro machine. I
observed when I restart after sometime and don't touch any keys (no
activity) at all, PC automatically goes back to hibernate mode after
some time (appx. 10 min). I want to control this time. Where can I
find this?  Note that this setting is quite different from power
option settions. That setting (for hiberanate) is set for 1 hour if
machine is idle.

Config:  AMD duron 1.2 Mhz, SIS K7S5A motherboard

thanks in advance
Sudhakar

2. partition out of space

3. Hibernate with MCE remote power button?

4. XP & Natural Keyboard Pro won't work

5. hibernate/standby/IE6 issue

6. windows media player windows 2000

7. Lost Standby/Hibernate

8. Problems with Computer Name

9. No hibernate or standby tabs or seettings available on XP (home)

10. some urgent issues about windowsXP hibernating.

11. my notebook couldn't hibernate

12. Standby & Hibernate In XP

13. Standby/hibernate