HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE

Post by Michae » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:49:32

Hello,

I am having a problem which I don't quite understand.

I recently used my COMPAQ RECOVERY CD and restarted my
computer back to it's original factory settings.

Since then, when I got back on the Internet I can no
longer play on Yahoo games. (www.yahoo.com/games) It
gives me 4 reasons:

1) You are behind a firewall.
2) You are not connected to the internet.
3) The server is down.
4) You have a stale page in your cache.

I was connected to the Internet, the server was not down,
I have erased all of the pages in my cache, so that leads
me to one conclusion, the firewall.

Also, I have been unable to go into chatrooms, I can use
the Yahoo chatrooms, but at the start of a chatroom it
says "You cannot use Voice in this chat because you are
behind a firewall" or something very similar to that.
Some other chatrooms do not work. (www.rimestimes.com,
www.leannfans.com)

I have not done anything to change anything as far as I
know, can someone please help me?

I have tried checking the Firewall box on my connections
in the `Advanced` tab and it still doesn't work either
way.

Can someone tell me what I need to do, in a simple way if
you can.

Thanx.

~Michael~

HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE

Post by JT Gari » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 04:16:20

stop begging.....and you already posted this predicament earlier.....give
folks a chance to help....

---

HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE

Post by Smeago » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 04:20:02

Have you changed your ISP recently?
--
Smeagol

---

HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE

Post by Michae » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 05:37:07

I don't think so. That does give me an idea though.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Have you changed your ISP recently?
>--
>Smeagol

>---

(http://www.grisoft.com).
Quote:>Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release Date:
20/06/2002