Memory loss of USB flash disk

Post by tejo.akk.. » Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:42:49

hi,
my sony 2GB Mp3 player with flash disk after formatting showing 480MB
Memory. can any one help me how to recover this.

Memory loss of USB flash disk

Post by Bob » Wed, 21 Jun 2006 21:46:26

How did you "format" it, and have you checked with Sony tech support?

> hi,
> my sony 2GB Mp3 player with flash disk after formatting showing 480MB
> Memory. can any one help me how to recover this.

Memory loss of USB flash disk

Post by Randell » Thu, 22 Jun 2006 03:06:32

I am pretty sure with the Sony equipment you MUST format using their
software or it gives you just under 500MB to play with.

They use a different compression scheme than everyone else. Why?

Money, a 512MB stick is cheaper than a 2GB one.  They only really sell
you a 512MB stick of RAM and a high compression software that manages
to squeeze 2GB into that 512 stick.  Then they turn around and charge
you for 2GB.

Goodluck with that one.

-Randy

> hi,
> my sony 2GB Mp3 player with flash disk after formatting showing 480MB
> Memory. can any one help me how to recover this.

Memory loss of USB flash disk

necesito bajar este juego

Post by bob » Thu, 22 Jun 2006 07:10:03

> I am pretty sure with the Sony equipment you MUST format using their
> software or it gives you just under 500MB to play with.

> They use a different compression scheme than everyone else. Why?

> Money, a 512MB stick is cheaper than a 2GB one.  They only really sell
> you a 512MB stick of RAM and a high compression software that manages
> to squeeze 2GB into that 512 stick.  Then they turn around and charge
> you for 2GB.

> Goodluck with that one.

> -Randy

> > hi,
> > my sony 2GB Mp3 player with flash disk after formatting showing 480MB
> > Memory. can any one help me how to recover this.

1. usb 2 "disk on key" flash memory

Hi every one
I have a USB 2 MASS STOREGE DEVICE (at least that what
the windows says I have) it belong to EXCEL company and
on my XP professional it is recognized as USB hub and
than it can't find its driver no meter where I looked.
In other computers it is recognized as USB hub and than
it becomes a USB STOREGE DEVICE and than USB_MASS_STOREGE
DEVICE and that is it it's all I need to load it in to
the computer in the first time, all with windows XP
professional.
If any one knows this problem and its solution I'll be
grateful if he'll share it with me
Thanks Joni

2. Unable to Install

3. Linear Flash Memory - MTD (Memory Technology Driver), TrueFFS and FTL (Flash Translation Layer)

4. OE slide show script error

5. Cannot use usb memory sticks or usb memory cards

6. CD-ROM lost after switched motherboards

7. USB flash memory device

8. A domain controller for your domain could be contacted ?

9. USB Flash memory attachment

10. USB flash memory

11. Imation FlashGo USB Flash Memory Reader

12. USB Flash Memory Card (Reader )

13. USB Flash memory