Internet sharing with dial-ups?

Post by Jerome Ta » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:43:32

Hi there,

Is it possible to use Windows XP to share DSL connection to phone dial up
users? When I allow dial up user to connect to my network they are assigned
with my computer's local IP, they can brows the shared files but cannot
access the Internet at all. Is there anything I can do with this.

Regards/
Jerome

1. Need to log all my internet dial-ups

I believe my Telephone provider has been charging me for non existent
internet calls
and I would very much like to know if there is any way in Windows XP for
automatic
creation of a log, for each call , and with perhaps additional information
such as number
dialled, time, etc.

Apologies if this question has been raised before in the ng. Most grateful
for any
help on this matter.

Thanks in advance.

JB

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as
being self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer

2. Networking W2k pro and W98se?!?!

3. Dial-up Internet Connection Sharing Conflicting with File and Print Sharing

4. Help? How do I adjust the icon spacings and text size?

5. Unwanted dial-ups

6. Backing up

7. Copy Dial-Ups

8. I need help on the newest version of Win95

9. auto dial-ups

10. Trouble with Several Dial-Ups

11. Profiles and dial-ups

12. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

13. XP - Dial-up Connection...keeps dialing and dialing and dialing and dialing