PC turns off - stays off - automatically

PC turns off - stays off - automatically

Post by polle » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:07:54

Thankyou to the people who answered the below post before.
However, I have further queries...

saver
>> is up?

>> This happens quite frequently, and has done so pretty
>> well since I got my Toshiba Notebook last december.

>> I have also had a lot of trouble trying to get a hp
>> external cd-writer to run (even with WinXP compatible
>> drivers & software downloaded from the hp site).

>> Would LOVE some helpful comments, if you think you can
>> help!

>> Thanks!

>Polley

My new question...

However, the problem is that I have already disabled
the "Automatic Restart", and besides, the computer just
stops and doesn't reboot. It just turns off as if the
power has failed or something (but I have a notebook PC).

I would think it had something to do with the battery,
except that it usually turns off when certain programs
(such as internet explorer or cd burning software) is
operating.

Any other ideas? ;)

Post by Sharon » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:30:55

> Thankyou to the people who answered the below post before.
> However, I have further queries...

>>> Thanks!

>> Polley

> My new question...

> However, the problem is that I have already disabled
> the "Automatic Restart", and besides, the computer just
> stops and doesn't reboot. It just turns off as if the
> power has failed or something (but I have a notebook PC).

> I would think it had something to do with the battery,
> except that it usually turns off when certain programs
> (such as internet explorer or cd burning software) is
> operating.

> Any other ideas? ;)

The error handling is set for recovery via a restart - not a shutdown. If
the system is shutting down there is something else going on. For example,
some motherboards will force a shutdown when the processor reaches a certain
temperature. If it was the battery, you would probably see a warning and/or
the hibernation process initiating.

--
Sharon F
Microsoft MVP, Windows - Shell/User

1. Turn off does not turn pc off

Hi there I'm running winxp on a system that ran win ME fine. On win me the
pc would shut down on it's own when I clicked on shut down computer. But now
with winXP the computer works fine but when I shut it down it goes to a
screen that says the computer is ready to be turned off or something like
that. It's a real pain and the power button will not do the one click shut
down either. I don't have the option of turning on APS in the power scheme
tabs and I don't know how to fix this issue. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks Wade

2. Help! UMAX2100U won't scan - Second try for help - More

3. Can't turn off proxy wont stay off and missing Gifs

4. Trap a keyboard within a dialog

5. I can not turn off the light of the optical intellimouse when the pc is off

6. Printing screens in director

7. i can not turn off the light from the optical mouse when the pc is off

8. File Will Not Delete? attn: noname

9. pc will not turn off automatically

10. turn off mine in bottom right corner, not turn off computer

11. turn off will not turn off

12. Turn off Computer not turning off