ZoneAlarm-- need help configuring firewall

ZoneAlarm-- need help configuring firewall

Post by JP Traver » Thu, 22 May 2003 04:48:05

Howdy y'all,

I just installed ZoneAlarm basic version because
Messenger pop-ups were out of control.  It seems to work
fine for web browsing, but when I try to check my email
through Outlook Express (connecting to a hotmail
account), it tries to connect through LAN instead of
(AOL) dial-up.  I can't connect to hotmail through IE
either, so now I've got it disabled.

What's the problem here?  How to solve it?

Muchos grasias amigos!

ZoneAlarm-- need help configuring firewall

Post by John » Thu, 22 May 2003 06:25:36

Suggest you post question at Zone Labs forum
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/support/userCommunity/userComm_...

John A

On Tue, 20 May 2003 19:48:05 -0700, "JP Travers"

>Howdy y'all,

>I just installed ZoneAlarm basic version because
>Messenger pop-ups were out of control.  It seems to work
>fine for web browsing, but when I try to check my email
>through Outlook Express (connecting to a hotmail
>account), it tries to connect through LAN instead of
>(AOL) dial-up.  I can't connect to hotmail through IE
>either, so now I've got it disabled.

>What's the problem here?  How to solve it?

>Muchos grasias amigos!

ZoneAlarm-- need help configuring firewall

Post by Jim Mackli » Thu, 22 May 2003 09:11:11

ZA probably didn't change your settings for connections...
Open Internet Explorer/Tools/Options/connections tab and set
your connections for accounts as desired.