CHANGE NOVELL LOGIN DRIVE LETTER

Post by Steve Blac » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 04:01:05

go into the properties for the netware client, and change the first drive
property. That should work for you.

Quote:> I'm using WinXP pro and connecting to Novell 4.11 using
> windows netware client.  I have a Dell notebook computer
> with removable A: drive and CDROM.  If I boot with the A:
> drive, the login drive on windows is D:.  So if I remove
> the A: drive and replace it with the CDROM.  The CDROM has
> no drive letter.

> Any suggestions?  I've changed the CDROM drive letter to
> G: and this seems to work.  But I would rather change the
> Login drive to F: and I won't have this problem.

> Thanks!

1. Drive letter for my c drive has changed to f drive

This happens when you do a clean install of XP with a Zip disk in the Zip drive.  Some users have reported it happening just having the ZIP drive connected.

You can try the following fix, or you can format and reinstall.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q223188

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/9x
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

2. Inkjet printer for W95 and Mac clients?

3. Changing drive letters or change registry entries?

4. managed window offset

5. Hard drive added, drive letter assignments changed, XP won't boot

6. XP Office

7. changing drive letter for system drive

8. MS Small Business Server 2000

9. Changed CD drive letter not drive won't read files

10. Replacing boot drive - changing drive letters - fixing MBR etc

11. Replaced drive, how do I change System Partition Drive letter back to C?

12. Changing drive letter of boot drive

13. Replacing a Hard Drive or changing a boot drive letter