Copy Dial-Ups

Post by Paul L » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:35:46

I'm using WinXP.  I used to run Win98. I was able to copy the Dial-Ups in
Win98 to the hard drive for another computer running W2k to copy into it's
Dial-Up networking folder.  In WinXP, I'm unable to copy the Dial-Ups.  Is
there another quick way of transferring the info.?

Paul

1. Unwanted dial-ups

Problem:
This has only happened over the last few weeks, for no apparent
reason.

On boot up and then hourly my XP/HE installation keeps dialling up and
using any or all of my internet connections in turn in an attempt to
get out.  ZoneAlarm Pro stops any actual communication but not the
dial up happening.  It will do it even when games are being played.

The culprits superficially seem to be Smart Address and a 'Generic
Host Process'.  The extremely helpful (and I don't say this lightly)
tech support at Smart Address has said "There is no dial-capability
built into SA, so something on your system is picking up the TCP/IP
request and creating a dial-up session."  In fact there are something
like a dozen GHP attempts to every one of Smart Address's and so I
tend to think that the real culprit is Windows.

The only thing I've changed recently in order to stop the occasional
boot-up hang whilst there is an apparently fruitless search for my
network connections is that I disabled 'Workstation' - following
advice on this newsgroup.  That seems to have worked but I wonder if
there is something else which also needs to go!

Any help much appreciated.

Steve

2. printing lables

3. Internet sharing with dial-ups?

4. postscript

5. Need to log all my internet dial-ups

6. Run-time error 7 out of memory

7. auto dial-ups

8. background task server crashes

9. Trouble with Several Dial-Ups

10. Profiles and dial-ups

11. XP - Dial-up Connection...keeps dialing and dialing and dialing and dialing

12. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh