erratic touch pad

Post by Malk » Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:15:23

> My Thinkpad R51 has a touch pad that behaves erratically.  Most of the
> time
> it works fine,  but for no clear reason it sometimes stops responding
> and I
> have to tap it several times.  It seems like it is "sticking" on
> occassion.
> It is one month over the year warranty.  It is fixable, or should I
> just continue to live with it?

It is a hardware issue. It will not heal itself nor can you fix it
yourself. Contact Lenovo tech support for options.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

erratic touch pad

Post by pau.. » Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:35:39

> > My Thinkpad R51 has a touch pad that behaves erratically.  Most of the
> > time
> > it works fine,  but for no clear reason it sometimes stops responding
> > and I
> > have to tap it several times.  It seems like it is "sticking" on
> > occassion.
> > It is one month over the year warranty.  It is fixable, or should I
> > just continue to live with it?

<original post not showing>

Is the touch pad clean?

1. Touch pad/touch stick properties

The control panel mouse properties does not show the touch pad/touch stick
properties any longer.  How do I resurrect them.  They used to be integrated
with the external mouse.  Now only the mouse properties appear.

2. Changing resolution of screen

3. touch pad and stick

4. Any way to export Message Rules and News Rules?

5. touch pad

6. Yet another Start-up question

7. Laptop - shutting off pogo or touch pad

8. win httpd -> error load CGI examples

9. touch pad ps/2

10. Touch Pad

11. IntelliMouse disables the ability to disable Synaptec touch pad on Dell Laptop.

12. touch pad

13. Problem with soft touch mouse pad