How do i enable dma on my cd rom

Post by Franklyn Mille » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 07:43:05

Can any one tell me where i can find the direct memory
acess for a cd rom please. I am getting errors in nero
they suggest turning on dma to solve the problem

How do i enable dma on my cd rom

Post by Balaji Kuma » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:23:44

Hi,
  Right click the my computer and u can have harware tap,
in that u can see the hardware details.
  In the choose the cd rom that you are using and right
click that cd rom.There is an option for enabling the DMA.
  Try it.

Bye,
Regards,
Balaji Kumar.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Can any one tell me where i can find the direct memory
>acess for a cd rom please. I am getting errors in nero
>they suggest turning on dma to solve the problem
>.

1. Enable CD-rom DMA

I am running Windows XP, windows does not recognize that my drive is DMA
complient and I have tried to enable it by selecting use DMA if available
option, but to no avail it uses only PIO mode, I have also tried
uninstalling it and then having the OS re-install, The drive itself is a
Pioneer DVD 16x drive which is comletely compatible with all versions of
Windows.  Does anyone know how to manually select DMA either through the
registry or a 3rd party program??

Sincerely

Stephen Jarbeck

2. ftp

3. Enabling DMA for CD-Rom/CDR Drives????

4. CD Recorder not supported?

5. How to enable CD-ROM support in DOS mode under WIN98?

6. Mouse lockup on first boot of WFWG

7. DMA enable for DVD ROM

8. Too Many Clicks

9. re enable dma on dvd rom

10. Cannot enable DMA with Hitachi GD-2500 DVD ROM

11. CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives do not recognize CD-ROMs and DVD-Roms

12. DMA: How to enable DMA on devices

13. how to enable DMA mode for hdd's and cd's