System Restore is Confused

Post by Les Alderso » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:37:46

Confused? System Restore and I are confused.

My system has three fat32 partitions with Win98SE in C:, XP in D:, and data in E:.

In My Computer properties the System Restore tab is set to monitor the XP(D:) partition but not the others. That all seems to work fine. In fact I just did a good restore today.

The problem is that I have some virtual drives managed by Bestcrypt. System Restore doesn't show them as candidates to be monitored. At the same time, System Restore seems to have adopted one of them but not the other. When I did my restore there was a message to warn me that C:, E: and H: would not me reset. As far as C: and E: that's what I expected. How did H: get in there? I also find System Volume Information folders on D: (correct) and H: (incorrect). The second virtual drive (I:) never seems to be noticed by System Restore.

Are there registry entries that contain settings for System Restore where I can remove the one for my H: drive?  Any other way to get System Restore to behave?

Any information that would help me understand and control System Restore better will be appreciated.

Les

System Restore is Confused

Post by Richard Urba » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 20:00:34

Start/Help and Support. Search for restore or system restore.

[...]

1. system restore wont start, no system restore tab....

hi,
the other day i wanted to install some drivers and i
thought it would be safe to create a restore point.

and i realised dat i cant get system restore to run.
it'll give me an error saying:
"System Restore is not able to protect your computer.
Please restart your computer and then run System Restore
again."

then i thought maybe it was disabled and i went to System
Properties to enable it and i realised that there isnt a
System Restore tab like it should have been (at least
according to online help)

ive updated my xp to service pack 1

any help??

2. Network share access problem from NT service

3. System repair - restore -- HOW TO Start the XP System Restore Tool from a Command Prompt

4. Outlook express fonts

5. System Restore Did Not Complete - Now System Restore Won't Run

6. 32-bit dialer

7. XP Search

8. System screwed up...System restore won't let me go to previous month to restore.

9. System Restore, Norton System Restore, Norton Personal Firewall

10. I am still confused.

11. I am a little confused on outlook express filter rules

12. I am so confused!