Windows File Protection / System File Checker

Windows File Protection / System File Checker

Post by Freddy Ben-Zee » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 08:31:20

1. The "What's New" article of "Microsoft Windows XP Embedded" document
specifies that "Windows File Protection" is part of XPE.
2. The Component Help of the "Signature Verifier" component specifies that
it depend on a component named SFC (to the best of my understanding this is
the "System Files Checket" - related to WFP from 1).

Neither WFP not SFC components are anywhere to be found, or any instructions
about using them in Target Designer, and the SFC.EXE program is not on the
XPE (+SP1) distribution CD (at list the evaluation version I'm still using).

Does any one have any information on this subject?