CD-ROM drive will not read CD-ROM's anymore

CD-ROM drive will not read CD-ROM's anymore

Post by myth-uni » Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:21:01

Perhaps try installing the latest IDE Controller drivers
for your motherboard.  Most motherboard drivers these days
come in one packaged .exe -- try your mobo' maker's
website.

CD-ROM drive will not read CD-ROM's anymore

Post by pt » Sun, 21 Dec 2003 01:26:10

my daughter's pc has the same problem with the dvd/cd reader and cd burner.  it just as mysteriously started reading discs when we left a disc in the drive and re-booted.  I suspect that xp has a problem, but am going to check out the prior post, too.

CD-ROM drive will not read CD-ROM's anymore

Post by Lynn123 » Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:22:36

I am having the same problem, but with all my drives -
A:, Zip, CD, CD-RW &  Compact Flash card reader.  Windows
Trouble Shooter did not help me either and I cannot do a
system restore to get the drives back.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Just like turning on a light switch, all of the sudden

my CD-ROM drive won't read. It was working fine but now
it won't autorun, Windows doesn't recognize that there's
a CD-ROM in the drive. I would appreciate some advice, I
tried using Windows Troubleshooter and it gave no
answers. The device manager states that the drive is
functioning properly. Any help whatsoever will be greatly
appreciated.
Quote:>.

CD-ROM drive will not read CD-ROM's anymore

Post by Chri » Wed, 24 Dec 2003 08:56:08

The same thing is happening to my computer, with the CD-ROM drive and the burn, or F, drive.  I am not sure what to do here.  Microsoft Troubleshoot didn't help with this, and as was previously mentioned, a restore can not be done to correct it.  HELP!!!

CD-ROM drive will not read CD-ROM's anymore

Post by Peter Hutchiso » Sun, 28 Dec 2003 23:38:48

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:22:36 -0800, "Lynn1232"

>I am having the same problem, but with all my drives -
>A:, Zip, CD, CD-RW &  Compact Flash card reader.  Windows
>Trouble Shooter did not help me either and I cannot do a
>system restore to get the drives back.

Some things to check:
1. If you have tweakui installed, enable ALL drives.
2. If you have old CD burner s/w installed, remove it.
3. Remove any so-called accelerator software
4. Apply D Knox's CD Fix at
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm
5. If you installed any drivers from Microsoft's windows update site,
remove them (they are known to cause problems).
6. Check the MS Knowledge base at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en=us;kbinfo

Peter Hutchison
Windows FAQ
http://www.pcguru.plus.com/

1. CD-ROM drive will not read CD-ROM's anymore

 My systen has done the same thing after the last
update.  I have sent emails to microsoft for assistence
as it is due to the sp ( windows update issue)I hope they
repsond.
my CD-ROM drive won't read. It was working fine but now
it won't autorun, Windows doesn't recognize that there's
a CD-ROM in the drive. I would appreciate some advice, I
tried using Windows Troubleshooter and it gave no
answers. The device manager states that the drive is
functioning properly. Any help whatsoever will be greatly
appreciated.

2. IPX detection

3. CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives do not recognize CD-ROMs and DVD-Roms

4. wine causes X crash

5. CD-Rom / CD-RW / DVD-Rom not reading data on CD's

6. How Bad Is ME??

7. Emachines CD-ROM RW/DVD Drive Reading CD's, but NOT Burning Cd's

8. - By the way - ( Thanks Vicky for the lyrics )

9. Cd-rom/dvd-rom drives won't read date from cd-r

10. I can read DVD with my DVD/CD-Rom, but not any CD-ROM

11. LG CD Rom drive not reading CD's

12. CD-ROM Drive will only read certain CD's

13. CD-Rom causes CD-ROM drive to "hang"