XP Stuck on Splash Screen

Post by techchic » Sat, 03 May 2003 05:14:05

I have a hp pavillion ze5200 w/WXP pro installed.  when
it boots up it hangs at the xp splash screen.  I believe
it has a corrupted registry image.  No matter which
option I choose when selecting f8 at boot up there is no
change.  even safe mode boots that way.  Are there any
options?

XP Stuck on Splash Screen

Post by Jimm » Sat, 03 May 2003 07:30:17

Boot from the Xp cd and do a repair install.   Jimmy

Quote:> I have a hp pavillion ze5200 w/WXP pro installed.  when
> it boots up it hangs at the xp splash screen.  I believe
> it has a corrupted registry image.  No matter which
> option I choose when selecting f8 at boot up there is no
> change.  even safe mode boots that way.  Are there any
> options?

1. 3.0b5a splash screen sticks

I upgraded to Netscape 3.0b5a today and now when I click on it to
start,  the splash screen runs with the plugins loading and then it
stops and shows "installer" in the bottom window.  Underneath the
splash screen is my dialer .   I have to click on the splash screen to
get to the dialer and then it works O.K.    If I start netscape after
dialing into my ISP the splash screens go by without a hitch and
netscape starts.  Is this a bug or can I eliminate the splash screen.
I tried reloading  3.0b5a but that didn't help.

Thanks,    Tom McMahon

2. Shutdown

3. Splash Screen: I Need Bitmap File or Screen Capture

4. Windows Media Encoder and WMP 7.1 for Pocket PC

5. Splash Screen Yes! Login Screen No!

6. Chat room access

7. Splash Screen == Crash Screen ???

8. Vanishing Administrator account

9. XP stops at the splash screen forever.

10. PC freezing on Windows XP splash screen after ghosting

11. XP Splash Screen Help

12. Off Center Startup XP Splash Screen

13. XP splash screen