no-show posts

Post by Alfre » Mon, 01 Jul 2002 07:12:04

Does anyone know what happens to some posts if they don't show up here?
I made a "reply to group", and it shows as such in my sent mail, but not in
group.
Synchronizing group with new posts doesn't bring it up either.

Alfred.

no-show posts

Post by Unknow » Mon, 01 Jul 2002 07:15:34

How long did you wait!  Some posts due to internet traffic, busy controllers
etc. take a while to appear.

Quote:> Does anyone know what happens to some posts if they don't show up here?
> I made a "reply to group", and it shows as such in my sent mail, but not
in
> group.
> Synchronizing group with new posts doesn't bring it up either.

> Alfred.

no-show posts

Post by Alfre » Mon, 01 Jul 2002 08:09:15

It was not there even the next day, and still isn't.

Alfred.

> How long did you wait!  Some posts due to internet traffic, busy
controllers
> etc. take a while to appear.

> > Does anyone know what happens to some posts if they don't show up here?
> > I made a "reply to group", and it shows as such in my sent mail, but not
> in
> > group.
> > Synchronizing group with new posts doesn't bring it up either.

> > Alfred.

no-show posts

Post by Jaso » Mon, 01 Jul 2002 08:28:07

it may be a bug - or your ISP - I have noticed the same thing - it seems like it only started occurring after I installed XP (that's why I don't think it's the ISP) - it seems like about a quarter of the replies I type to the newsgroup just disappear into thin air! Like you, I can see the replies in my "Sent Items" folder and they show as being sent, however the are missing from the newsgroup - and I'm not simply talking about a few minutes later - I'm talking about even the next day, or a few days later it never appears. I have even had messages that will appear in the newsgroup right away, and then I will check back the next day for replies to my post and it will be gone! Everyone else's posts seem to be there but mine will be completely gone! And no, I'm not posting malicious or damaging material. I think it's a bug with OE6. Maybe there is some sort of conflict with Outlook2000 - which I use for everything but a newsreader (no newsreader in Outlook). Do you by any chance use Outlook 2000? Who is your ISP? I have Cox.net.

hope this one makes it,
jason

  How long did you wait!  Some posts due to internet traffic, busy controllers
  etc. take a while to appear.

  > Does anyone know what happens to some posts if they don't show up here?
  > I made a "reply to group", and it shows as such in my sent mail, but not
  in
  > group.
  > Synchronizing group with new posts doesn't bring it up either.
  >
  > Alfred.

no-show posts

Post by Alfre » Mon, 01 Jul 2002 14:07:43

Interesting.
I use OE, XP Professional, and surfbest.com.
Funny part is that I was just told by the person I replied to that he also
replied to my ghost post, only I saw nothing.
You can see it under my other post with my name.

Alfred

it may be a bug - or your ISP - I have noticed the same thing - it seems
like it only started occurring after I installed XP (that's why I don't
think it's the ISP) - it seems like about a quarter of the replies I type to
the newsgroup just disappear into thin air! Like you, I can see the replies
in my "Sent Items" folder and they show as being sent, however the are
missing from the newsgroup - and I'm not simply talking about a few minutes
later - I'm talking about even the next day, or a few days later it never
appears. I have even had messages that will appear in the newsgroup right
away, and then I will check back the next day for replies to my post and it
will be gone! Everyone else's posts seem to be there but mine will be
completely gone! And no, I'm not posting malicious or damaging material. I
think it's a bug with OE6. Maybe there is some sort of conflict with
Outlook2000 - which I use for everything but a newsreader (no newsreader in
Outlook). Do you by any chance use Outlook 2000? Who is your ISP? I have
Cox.net.

hope this one makes it,
jason

  How long did you wait!  Some posts due to internet traffic, busy
controllers
  etc. take a while to appear.

  > Does anyone know what happens to some posts if they don't show up here?
  > I made a "reply to group", and it shows as such in my sent mail, but not
  in
  > group.
  > Synchronizing group with new posts doesn't bring it up either.
  >
  > Alfred.

1. taskbar: a no-show

Whenever I have an IE window in full screen mode I cannot view the windows
taskbar.  If the IE window is maximized I can still get the taskbar.  Even
if I have an IE window in full screen, but the current active window is NOT
full screen, I can get the taskbar.

I have tried every combination of checkboxes on the START | SETTINGS |
TASKBAR...     menu.  Any suggestions on how to get it back.

I hope I am explaining this well, if you need any more info...I'll be glad
to give to you.  I am using W2K pro and IE6

Thanks

2. Is this normal? Just downloaded IE 4.0...

3. MACH48 cd-rw (Pacific Digital) no-show

4. FTP SERVER --> Restricting access help

5. Web page no-show

6. Problem with Defragmenting - can anyone help?

7. TEST POST (Posts not showing up... WHY???)

8. Software initiated RAS

9. Netscape's newsreader shows more posts than OE ???

10. New news post, doesn't show up in OE

11. Outlook ExpressT Slide-Show cannot be displayed [re-post]

12. Posts not showing in list.

13. OE6 My posts do not show-up